Week 12 - JAGUARS IN THE HUNT Edition

StefanAVFC

The state of this thread.  :lol:

Randle's playing injured, he's doing well to be out there at all. Schwartz gets shit because he broke his leg, Pugh because he's concussed and we're firing Coughlin on the back of a one score defeat to a team of a similar ability player-wise to ours. Christ.

Edited by abdomlahor
  • Like 3

7 hours ago, abdomlahor said:

Randle's playing injured, he's doing well to be out there at all. 

Injuries or lack of ability is one thing - quitting on plays is something that will never be accepted, he does it routinely. I agree with you on Coughlin though, no way he should be fired.

10 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Hey, the refs let you keep that 0 two weeks longer than you should have.

I only saw the 4th quarter + OT though to be honest. The holding in the endzone was definitely a hold, you can't pull a guy back like that. 

Okay...

jimmy-goodfellas.jpg

Edited by maqroll

If anyone ever doubts how important fumble luck is, just show them Patriots-Broncos.  Belichick owned Kubiak and Phillips about as much as it's possible to (of course, Belichick has been owning Kubiak and Phillips for years now), but that don't mean a thing when the fumbles bounce.

4 hours ago, Cliffy Biro said:

Pats fans talking about ref decisions, come on bro. Even though they win 90% of their games they still refuse to take a defeat with a bit of class huh.

It's the same thing that's been pissing off all fans of the game, shit decisions, phantom calls, total confusion as to what the rules are, because they are enforced arbitrarily. It's turned into an absolute shambles, so excuse me for being pissed about it after my team lost as a result.

We were riding our luck though, with all the injuries. Maybe Gronk going down was a big omen.

Credit the young QB though, he's poised and doesn't make too many mistakes. That was a huge game for him, and I can't see Manning coming back now.

The rules certainly need to be sorted out in the offseason. They need to remove all of these ambiguous terms like "footballing move". It's very easy to make rules black and white, but for whatever reason they refuse to do it.

I'd make defenders play open handed for any contact. As soon as you close your hand and grab a part of a jersey, flag 'em. They'll learn eventually.

Apparently, "football move" is basically an invention of the TV commentators: it's not actually in the rulebook.

They refuse to make the rules black and white because every option for making them black and white results in things which are undesirable (e.g. making a black and white catch rule will increase fumbles).

Â