Week 12 - JAGUARS IN THE HUNT Edition

StefanAVFC

How does the time work in that kind of situation exactly? Do they put any seconds back on for a penalty? Because otherwise, surely it's best to just throw a receiver to the ground with a blatant penalty and make no attempt to play the ball? 

5 hours ago, Milfner said:

If you're talking about the end of the half, the half can't end with a flag down so there would be one more play

4 hours ago, leviramsey said:

Half can't end on a defensive foul. It can end on an offensive foul, though.

I know, but what I mean is this. Say your average passing play takes 6 seconds to play out. If there's 7 or so seconds on the clock, why would you not just grab your receiver and throw him to the ground right away? By the end of the play, there will be 1/2 seconds left. Sure, the half hasn't ended, but is the offense going to try and get a TD with 1/2 seconds before the half? Very, very unlikely. I just don't see the disadvantage to making blatant PI in that situation, because all it does is pretty much guarantee they don't get a TD because they wouldn't have enough time to run another play AND kick a FG, so they'd just settle for 3.

Edited by kurtsimonw

The Bears are weird. Three of their defeats have been by less than three points, should/could be well over .500.

Panthers D has given up 45 rushing yards in the last two games. That is insane

Â