The banker loving, baby-eating Tory party thread (regenerated)

blandy

Looked into Reclaim Party and it’s not someone I’d vote for. I don’t mind a bit of nationalism but too much of it can limit a country and stop progression . It’s ok saying British values for British people etc etc but you’ve got to look at the bigger picture. With the state the country is in I think the next vote is really important . The Tory government were unlucky having to deal with Brexit although many voted leave, and then Covid which has now lead to borderline economic crisis. I don’t have any faith that Labour would have faired much better, but we need a clear direction and a plan. 

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Eh?

They were "unlucky" in having to deal with their flagship policy of the last seven years, having been the only mainstream party that wanted it to happen?

That’s why I said many voted for it. Some were against it were they not? 

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

The Tory government were unlucky having to deal with Brexit

Yeah, they were dealt a really shitty hand there. Can't help but feel sorry for them.  Shame someone wasn't in charge who actually wanted it. 

Edited by sidcow

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

How was having to deal with something that f***ing idiots caused unlucky?

Its entirely their fault

And they managed to make a pigs ear out of it too

Luck really has nothing to do with it. F***wittery and incompetence yes, luck, definitely not

I get that Bicks but the people voted. How’s it been dealt with is a shambles, which it always was going to be . I guess what I’m trying to say it’s been a very testing few years and we need a way out of it . 

28 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Looked into Reclaim Party and it’s not someone I’d vote for. I don’t mind a bit of nationalism but too much of it can limit a country and stop progression . It’s ok saying British values for British people etc etc but you’ve got to look at the bigger picture. With the state the country is in I think the next vote is really important . The Tory government were unlucky having to deal with Brexit although many voted leave, and then Covid which has now lead to borderline economic crisis. I don’t have any faith that Labour would have faired much better, but we need a clear direction and a plan. 

It’s something I’ve said a few times, they were really unlucky the way they decided for themselves to load a gun, point that loaded gun at their own foot and pull the trigger. Nobody could have known it would **** hurt.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

It only happened because of Tories. No other party.

Even those who didn't want it to happen, caused it to happen.

So they're not "unlucky". They're just c****. All of them.

I may have worded it wrong 🙂 politics not my strong point. Either way brexit had to be dealt with then Covid. 

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

Leaving the EU was in no way a majority opinion before the Tory Party decided to appeal to its throbber wing (which at the time was very much a minority) who were threatening to join UKIP (one of them actually did).

Two I think. Mark Reckless and Douglas Carswell.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'd completely forgotten Reckless.

Part of me wants to mock him for his hilarious downward political trajectory (currently out of office after his Abolish the Welsh Assembly Party lost both of their Senedd seats in 2021).

But then, he's already achieved his shitty, treasonous life goals. So he's probably already had the last laugh whatever happens next. Until we rejoin in the late 2030s.

5 hours ago, bickster said:

That is genuinely shocking. It is incredibly easy to decide the actual date of something when you get first pick. You want the last week of conference season. And with something that also has a profound effect too.

Done a bit more digging, and either I misremembered what I'd read or read something partisan and wrong - but worth correcting nonetheless. 

So not a massive cock-up, just all sides acting with a bit more maturity than usual. 

12 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

Done a bit more digging, and either I misremembered what I'd read or read something partisan and wrong - but worth correcting nonetheless. 

So not a massive cock-up, just all sides acting with a bit more maturity than usual. 

Fairy nuff I guess but it does give Labour an advantage too

Â