Ultra HD

Kingman

4 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Sky’s annual increase went up last month. 

Between  £2/4 pending if you have the Standard or Sky-Q set up mate. 

Mine went up £4 and I am on standard package

11 minutes ago, Kingman said:

You need to pull you're finger out then and get the above 50/60% off included ;)

I am abit annoyed mate, i bloody got a call form them and the idiot from sky said my contract expires on 30th july so i have to wait until 30th june before i can cancel. knowing my luck they will cancel it 1st july 

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Also....how **** big are people's lounges to have a 65" TV in there?!

You need to be close if you want the full 4K picture quality Experience. 

I have a 55" set and sit approx 3m away, Any further back and you loose the finer details of 4k. 

If people are interested in 4k I would recommend 65" for an average viewing distance of 4/5m. A pal of mine has a 47" 4k set and his back sofa is approx 6/7m away, Suffice to say the 4k finer aspects details are completely lost. 

One of the main reasons the rows in TV stores are close knit. 

Edited by Kingman

34 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I am abit annoyed mate, i bloody got a call form them and the idiot from sky said my contract expires on 30th july so i have to wait until 30th june before i can cancel. knowing my luck they will cancel it 1st july 

I would login to my sky and check it out for yourself. Here you can also view offers available to you.

On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 14:25, Chindie said:

I've been looking at 55s. The models I've been looking at £2k at the bottom end and then towards £3.5k... it's too much money. If the 950 drops another £500 I could maybe justify that with some saving behind me, but even then... 

I don't think I'd go down the Atmos route myself but I'd have to factor in a new AVR - my current one can't decode HDR to my knowledge and I don't want to be tied into using the TV's own apps and piping out the sound to the amp - so I'd probably end up with Atmos capability anyway...

The 960 has been reduced to £1799 at JL today mate... 

https://m.johnlewis.com/lg-55eg960v-curved-4k-ultra-hd-oled-3d-smart-tv-55-with-freeview-hd-built-in-wi-fi-harman-kardon-audio-2x-3d-glasses/p/1921663?s_afcid=af_47868&awc=1203_1466513556_a2692b53ffab4431c05c24b91fec94d5

3 hours ago, Kingman said:

Thanks. I'm still a way off buying one, and I've an aversion to curved screens, so probably not one for me right now

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Why the aversion to curved screens?

(Real question, I have no idea whether they're good or not. Genuinely interested)

I have one (Because LG OLED only made curved at the time) and it's pointless but not ruining. It's more a marketing ploy to show that screen doesn't have to be rigid and flat. Curving a screen makes sense if the area is massive (cinema size) and you sit in the middle to get good viewing angles. Makes no sense on a TV, and looks daft if you want to hang it on a wall.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Why the aversion to curved screens?

(Real question, I have no idea whether they're good or not. Genuinely interested)

As @Tegis kinda  says, they are pure marketing guff. It's showing off that technology has advanced to the stage that you can curve the screen. But the curve is slight and normally exaggerated by the frame, its supposed to increase immersion but for that to be true on a home TV you'd need to be sat with your nose about an inch from the screen.

Otherwise they mess up viewing angles, have problems with reflections and if you want to wall mount, it can be nightmare and ultimately looks dreadful.

No, I'll take flat screen thanks. It'll be cheaper for the equivalent and has less flaws.

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Seems Hisense don't do their flagship model with a flat screen which is a shame. Would be tempted if they did. 

If you're after Hisense richer sounds have the 2016 smark 4k HDR 65" model back instock next week (28/29th) for 799 with 6 year g'tee which is a lot of screen for that sort of money

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/hisense/65k5510/hise-65k5510

Grab one of those & a xbox one slim and you have a 4k blu-ray set up for just over a grand

25 minutes ago, LakotaDakota said:

If you're after Hisense richer sounds have the 2016 smark 4k HDR 65" model back instock next week (28/29th) for 799 with 6 year g'tee which is a lot of screen for that sort of money

http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/hisense/65k5510/hise-65k5510

Grab one of those & a xbox one slim and you have a 4k blu-ray set up for just over a grand

That's a lot of TV for £800!!! Tempted! 

Will need to check out some reviews though. 

20 hours ago, Kingman said:

Depends what you're looking for,

If you're not fussed about wanting full 4k and HDR then this is a decent set.

Ah nah, looking at it it's not the set for me. 

Wouldn't mind one of their flagship screens to be honest, has all the bells and whistles, but just a curved screen :(

Worth nothing that one of Hisense's flagship models has a bizarre lean to the screen if you use the stand. It may not bother you but dependant on your set up at home worth bearing in mind.

Hmm sure it said it was HDR when i posted the link.

Trying to get proper specs for hisense stuff is difficult as their tv's are completely different in asia/australia/europe and there seems to be so many slight variations on model numbers with almost identical specs

9864.jpg

This is the only logo you need to have mate to answer all the questions. 

Full 4k, Full HDR, 10-Bit pannel etc etc… 

Edited by Kingman

Â