Slovenia v England Euro 2016 qualifier

andykeenan

England XI: 1 Hart 2 Jones 3 Gibbs 4 Henderson 5 Cahill 6 Smalling 7 Wilshere 8 Delph 9 Sterling 10 Rooney © 11 Townsend

I'm 36, and that is probably the worst (defiantly one the worst) England team I've ever seen. Absolute garbage.

too young for Taylor then. with Carlton Palmer, Andy Gray, Geoff Thomas.

Fair point. Always remember have a decent back 4 though, Gibbs, Smalling, Cahill and Jones take some beating on the underwhelming scale.

England XI: 1 Hart 2 Jones 3 Gibbs 4 Henderson 5 Cahill 6 Smalling 7 Wilshere 8 Delph 9 Sterling 10 Rooney © 11 Townsend

I'm 36, and that is probably the worst (defiantly one the worst) England team I've ever seen. Absolute garbage.

Fair point. Always remember have a decent back 4 though, Gibbs, Smalling, Cahill and Jones take some beating on the underwhelming scale.

Cahill is good 

Cahill is good

I agree, just think it's poor as a unit.

The problem with jones as rb is he just defends.

Never supports his winger to offer a pass or cross.

Sterling's decision making continues to be poor.

Delph started well, as has wilshere. Who is the other midfielder? Totally anonymous.

Rooney also playing well and forced a terrific save, although I still don't think he is a lone striker.

Jones is awful. Is Clyne injured?

England still need a proper striker. Rooney should be playing behind the striker imo. Need an aerial threat as we have the ball out wide a lot, no one in the middle.

• Like 1

All came from a throw in by Phil Jones

Adjacent to their penalty area too.

Woeful.

Slovenia have parked the bus already, its only going to get more defensive and we will struggle to break them down.

Edited by theboyangel

We're poor, but I don't know what the answer is. Unfortunately I watched the under 20s the other day and it's not as if we've got the age groups playing scintillating 21st century football ready to break into the England team or even the Premier League, so it's going to be like this for a while yet.

Â