Baseball 2015

maqroll

So the Yanks' season is over after being shut out by Keuchel and the Astros. To be expected given how they limped over the finish line but the predictability of it is annoying. 

Let's be clear, my Yankees didn't deserve to be in the play offs anyway and congrats to the Astros on a deserved win. However, dear me the 1 game WC game format is a complete and utter joke. Thoughts? 

1 game series just isn't baseball.  At least make it best of three.

But if you're going to have the wild-card round, which is a good thing if only because it increases the value of winning the division vs. settling for the wild-card, you don't want November baseball (both for TV and weather reasons), so it's either one-game playoff or cut the season back to, say, 156 games.

• Like 1

Yeah the wildcard round has to be done. I'd take a single game over a 4 team playoff which could potentially give an advantage to a wildcard team, if the division leaders are fighting to the end for home field.

I'm alright with the one-offs. It's a spectacle, and after the long slog of boring games throughout the summer, baseball needs them to kind of jumpstart the postseason, which is totally different to the regular season.

In the case of Pitt-Cubs, they both had their aces and healthy squads. Arrieta is just beasting right now.

DeGrom :wub:

Massive. I had him on my fantasy team this year, (which won it all :hooray:)so i love the guy. He's the real deal superstar the Mets thought they had in Harvey. DeGrom looking much more the part.

Maybe the worst call I have ever seen in any sport. They got it wrong in so many different ways in a completely illogical way. Could potentially cost us the series.

It was a bit of a mess. But what, specifically, did they get wrong in your opinion? 

Cubs-Mets NLCS?

Would be a really exciting matchup.

Agreed. But that's as far as my goodwill towards the Mets goes ;)

What I really need is for Toronto not to win it all, though.

You lucky, lucky boy!

I will never forget my visit to Citi. But to get to watch a post season game, and massive win, in such an atmosphere must have been mind blowing.

I feel very fortunate to have been able to go to this game. I love every visit to Citi, but this was something else. Honestly, when Ces hit that ball in to the upper deck, I was nearly in tears. That 3 seconds or so when you know the ball is gone, it's pure joy.

As much as a want to see The Mets in their first World Series since I started following baseball the natural pessimism of a Mets/Villa fan comes to the fore. I am going Cubs in 6

But whatever happens I never expected to get this far so anything is a bonus. Not like in 2006 when a deep run was predicted so this kind of feels more fun. More of an adventure 

Â