Baseball 2015

maqroll

So watching the Yankees this year isn't good for your mental health. Ranging between bloody invincible one week and freakin pathetic the other. The bottom half of our lineup is a joke and somehow we've won a fair amount of games. I wake up this morning and see we've wasted a Tanaka start giving him a distinctly unimpressive one run of support in Miami, losing 2-1. We won't be busy in late October. Could be worse though, eh Mike? :)

Yep. Sad state of affairs round Fenway. 

Meanwhile the FBI is investigating the Cardinals for hacking into the Astros computers to access scouting reports...totally bizarre.

A-rod got hit number 3k last night. Not really sure how to feel about that.

Most Yankee fans recognize that he's a deceitful fraud and a complete narcissist. He belongs to a group of players who 100 years from now will still be looked at with total contempt, because they never had to juice, they were already immensely talented. It was pure greed and vanity what they did, and they distorted the legitimate accomplishments made by clean players over the decades. They dragged baseball into the gutter, and A-Rod is the face of that group, along with Bonds.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 2

Thinking about adopting a baseball team Mike?

Red Sox are an old and noble club, like Villa.

Plenty of suffering involved to make it worthwhile.

Not really, I just liked the song. If I was going to it would be the Baltimore Orioles, as I have family there, and I've been to a game. (at the old Memorial Stadium - they lost to the Milwaukee Brewers).

• Like 2

I love it personally.

Went to the game yesterday, rained out in the 7th and they resumed it today. I had to leave at 3:45 to get to the NYCFC game. So I went to see a game over 2 days and still didn't see the end. Naturally they win the game as soon as I leave the stadium. As a result I also missed Matz pitch, who then has one of the best MLB debuts ever.

I loved it too. Never went to Shea so can't compare the two but I thought it was a decent park. Great views some nice unique touches and it still has an Apple!!

Well. Matz had himself a day for sure. 4 RBIs the most by a pitcher making his debut in Major League history and 7 2/3 innings of 2 run ball. I don't think I have seen a louder standing ovation then the one that greeted his departure in the 8th 

The Yankees walk off twice in two days against the Rays. Almost unbeliebably, this decidedly mediocre edition of the Yankees are top of an incredibly tight AL East.

Edited by Michelsen

Â