Baseball 2015

maqroll

15 games played last night and 15 home wins. I bet that doesn't happen very often 

First time ever, apparently.

We really can't afford to **** it up now. Our remaining schedule is not all that difficult.

Bad teams

Rockies (3 road)

Phillies (3 home/6 road)

Red Sox (3 home)

Marlins (3 home/3 road)

Braves (4 road/3 home)

Reds (4 road)

Good teams

Yankees (3 home)

Nationals (3 road)

Downside is it's a road heavy schedule and we're much better at home. But overall it's easy and after these next 3 against the Rockies, we don't have to travel any further west than Cincinnati. We've seemingly learned how to hit now too!

So in the 7th inning of the Braves-Yankees game tonight, Brigham pitched to Young. It made me laugh. And reliever Branden Pinder was the first Yankee pitcher to hit a double since Andy Pettitte did so in 2009. The Yanks won 20-6 with number 3 being the only spot in the Yankees order not to score at least two runs.

In other news, Toronto seem to have entirely lost their ability to lose a game of baseball.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it will be difficult to come back from that. Losing at home to your playoff rivals, while leading late in all games, is pretty soul crushing.

Good news that Cespedes has removed that weird clause in his contract so the Mets have a shot at re-signing him. He's been on fire. 

I may even change my avatar if this keeps up!

Edited by kurtsimonw

• 2 weeks later...

Yogi Berra passed away last night. The man was 90 but it was still kind of a shock waking up to the news of his passing. I've only been a baseball fan for about a decade, and obviously never saw Yogi play, manage or coach, but Yogi was special. Someone on a Yankee forum responded to the news with a fitting Yogi-ism:

RIP Yogi Berra. You came to a fork in the road and took it. 

• Like 3

Yogi Berra passed away last night. The man was 90 but it was still kind of a shock waking up to the news of his passing. I've only been a baseball fan for about a decade, and obviously never saw Yogi play, manage or coach, but Yogi was special. Someone on a Yankee forum responded to the news with a fitting Yogi-ism:

RIP Yogi Berra. You came to a fork in the road and took it. 

The future ain't what it used to be 

• Like 1

Â