Arrows

Tomaszk

Many darts fans on here?

Great to see Gary Anderson win the Worlds last month. A great player and nice to see him do it on the biggest stage.

Premier League starts tonight anyway:

Dave Chisnall v Peter Wright
Raymond van Barneveld v Adrian Lewis
Kim Huybrechts v Michael van Gerwen
Gary Anderson v Phil Taylor
Stephen Bunting v James Wade

MVG tough to stop in this short format, marginal favourite over Anderson for me. Taylor will be in the final four at the end of the season no matter how poorly he's doing recently.

PDC production and players a level above BDO.

Durrant Adams in this year's semi was the best BDO match I can remember in the last ten years by an absolute mile. You see matches that good at least once in every PDC major.

Similar to most sports, the more money, the more quality.

Good PL opener. Always nice to see Taylor get done, and Bunting again getting one over on Wade.

PDC has no likeable players and the 'fans' are just a bunch of drunk football hooligans there for some beer and shouting. Don't see BDO players having to wear ear plugs.

PDC has plenty of lovely chaps. I enjoy watching it more as the players are so much better, BDO can only dream of PDC standard these days.

Should darts fans not drink or shout?

BDO's attempts to recreate the PDC atmosphere is horrible, they should contrate on making their tournaments however they want, not copy and fail horribly.

I don't quite see the appeal of it as a spectator sport, but enjoy playing. I'd prefer to watch billiards or table tennis before darts.

Table tennis is a great sport to watch! So fast paced.

Couldn't specifically tell you why I enjoy it so much, sporting theatre!

PDC has no likeable players and the 'fans' are just a bunch of drunk football hooligans there for some beer and shouting. Don't see BDO players having to wear ear plugs.

PDC has plenty of lovely chaps. I enjoy watching it more as the players are so much better, BDO can only dream of PDC standard these days.

BDO's attempts to recreate the PDC atmosphere is horrible, they should contrate on making their tournaments however they want, not copy and fail horribly.

:huh: They are nothing alike. BDO fans being real darts fans there for the sport and are quiet and respectful to the players when they throw. Complete opposites to the PDC fans.

:huh: They are nothing alike. BDO fans being real darts fans there for the sport and are quiet and respectful to the players when they throw. Complete opposites to the PDC fans.

I mean the tournaments and setup as opposed to the fans themselves. They've copied the livelier, flashier entrances and tried to generate more noise before the match and get players "high-fiving" fans. It all looks false and awkward.

BDO is fine, the ground-level true darts where pretty much all players start, they should celebrate that, not try and make it look and feel like the PDC.

I cant watch the BDO after watching PDC events, Its a bit like watching Aston Villa after watching Real Madrid. The premier league darts is always a great night out, I have been to the NIA a couple of times to see it although my memories of the nights events are sketchy to say the least!

Â