What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Roger Dean Artwork?

I used to have books and books of Roger Dean artwork but they fell victim to the great personal revolution of '78 / '79

(I know that's a little late, I lived in a backwater, radio signal took that bit longer to get there)

• Like 1

Roger Dean Artwork?

I used to have books and books of Roger Dean artwork but they fell victim to the great personal revolution of '78 / '79

(I know that's a little late, I lived in a backwater, radio signal took that bit longer to get there)

Yes  B) , that's a Roger Dean cover alright. Grew up listening to a lot of LPs that had his artwork on the cover. 

Had this stuck in my head, since I watched Pointless, and it was an answer to one of the questions.

I love that song because the defiance of the prisoners in the audience always lifts my spirits.

The prison albums are among Cash's best work, and I think that's partly due to the atmosphere. I'm not gonna get into the wrongs and rights of the American criminal justice system, but a lot of the prisoners were serving ridiculously long sentences in respect to their crimes. Cash and his songs for the down trodden and hopeless, gave them a brief moment where they could just be normal men again, and forget about being institutionalised for a couple of hours. It must have been an amazing feeling for them.     

• Like 1

Â