What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

There's five squares left in the shelves of un cleaned and unsorted 12" records, I've realised I'm putting off doing them because they aren't albums. I've also realised I need to separate albums from Singles.... The CDs are all done so this is it, finish off the vinyl, got to be done, then hopelly at the other end of this I'll have me some money together for a complete DJ set up. 2 decks, 3 cd's, mixer. I will raely leave the house....

Anyways, playing this as it was first into my hands... Second Division Madchester Classic

Just now, bickster said:

There's five squares left in the shelves of un cleaned and unsorted 12" records, I've realised I'm putting off doing them because they aren't albums. I've also realised I need to separate albums from Singles.... The CDs are all done so this is it, finish off the vinyl, got to be done, then hopelly at the other end of this I'll have me some money together for a complete DJ set up. 2 decks, 3 cd's, mixer. I will raely leave the house....

Anyways, playing this as it was first into my hands... Second Division Madchester Classic

Stone cold classic. One of them that youngsters that werent there (man) might not know as it isnt the big shiny Stone Roses/Happy Mondays type hit. I loved it. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Stone cold classic. One of them that youngsters that werent there (man) might not know as it isnt the big shiny Stone Roses/Happy Mondays type hit. I loved it

It was part of my early doors set for a few years, tried it later on it the night when they were dancing, never took off but as you say... absolute classic

6 minutes ago, bickster said:

It was part of my early doors set for a few years, tried it later on it the night when they were dancing, never took off but as you say... absolute classic

You remember the St Etienne cover of the field mice tune, Kiss and make up. That and the Paris Angels track was pretty huge in The Telford indie club I used to go to. 

• Like 1

Talking of unhearalded classics Jackson/Stringer/ Baker in their Pre=Benny Profane outfit. The Room - Jackpot Jack

Whilst this was a single, it's also a Radio One Saturday Live session track and the B side is a complete Janice Long Session... (produced by Dale "Buff" griffin formerly of Mott the Hoople - one of the BBCs session producers for many years)

They really don't sound like session tracks

3 minutes ago, Xann said:

Photo1545.jpg.72c52b18c5e6e6be095833b46516841d.jpg

Genuinely don't play it very often to avoid diluting the nostalgia wash.

Pah... thats the Johnny Come Lately re-release on Virgin

Some of us have the original called All You (perfume) on Sheer Joy :D

• Haha 1

Anyway 12" singles, that very 80's phenomena may well be occupying my attention in the coming days...

And its not always the main event, there are often classics in the supporting role, like the dub mix of Tackhead's Ticking Time Bomb

1 minute ago, bickster said:

Pah... thats the Johnny Come Lately re-release on Virgin

Some of us have the original called All You (perfume) on Sheer Joy :D

Mine's much prettier and more relevantly, sounds perfect, as it always has.

There will never be the sound of frying bacon in that fade in :) 

8 minutes ago, Xann said:

Mine's much prettier and more relevantly, sounds perfect, as it always has.

There will never be the sound of frying bacon in that fade in :) 

Mine's just been cleaned and sounds tickety boo, not only that... its the better version :mrgreen:

• Haha 1

In the old singles now.

Spiritualized - 'Sway'

10 minutes ago, bickster said:

Mine's just been cleaned and sounds tickety boo, not only that... its the better version :mrgreen:

It is more Indie sounding, so you'll understand why we're going to differ there :) 

• Like 1

All my vinyl is in my attic, its not filed properly and the 7 inches are even worse. I can’t instantly put my hands in anything and its a pain to get anything from there to the record player. 
So I just popped up to grab Perfume to give it a play. Utterly futile. It could be the last one in this pile.

aFuWRRc.jpg

My vow when we move house is to have my vinyl accessible and in some bloody order.  YouTube is now playing Perfume by Paris Angels. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

My vow when we move house is to have my vinyl accessible and in some bloody order.  YouTube is now playing Perfume by Paris Angels. 

I feel your pain, it's why I've been doing what I've been doing and its taken ffffrever. I'm hoping to be finished by the end of Lockdown. Then the database begins.... 🙄

• Like 1

This wasn't what I was expecting in the slightest. I had some vague Idea of what the Gun Club sounded like, Jeffrey Lee Pierce, Kid Congo Powers etc

I put this on and thought, eh? Have I put a Cocteau Twins record on? Then I looked and Robin Guthrie had been hired to produce and he's done what he always did, made a Cocteau Twins record. One Trick Robin

I found a couple of Shonen Knife CD’s the other day.

They’re now in the play pile in the garage for my 20 minute exercise bike sessions.

I noticed the insert inside the case was signed... then I had a flashback to that awkward post gig 10 minutes of someone that can’t speak english trying to get something sharp to break the wrapper on a CD to sign a sleeve, then realising the pen nib was dry.... then dropping the CD and breaking the case and then trying to get a replacement one...with me really wishing I knew the Japanese for it really doesn’t bloody matter, everyone’s staring daggers at me.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I found a couple of Shonen Knife CD’s the other day.

They’re now in the play pile in the garage for my 20 minute exercise bike sessions.

I noticed the insert inside the case was signed... then I had a flashback to that awkward post gig 10 minutes of someone that can’t speak english trying to get something sharp to break the wrapper on a CD to sign a sleeve, then realising the pen nib was dry.... then dropping the CD and breaking the case and then trying to get a replacement one...with me really wishing I knew the Japanese for it really doesn’t bloody matter, everyone’s staring daggers at me.

I didn’t know I owned that. I found today with a brief flick through I have a Pearl Jam white label of Alive. No clue where its come from I know its never been played. 

In my own special way I’m quite ignorant of most music.

My version of the Radiohead / Thom York joke, I genuinely have no idea what sort of music genre Pearl Jam would be. No mental picture of any Pearl Jam artwork for reference.

I’m sure I’ve probably most likely heard some on the radio, but I wouldn’t know it was them.

Â