What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

9 minutes ago, Seal said:

Normally listen purely to Trance. 

However, I am writing a slacker fantasy story, and am really enjoying this tune. It is really getting me in the zone (if anyone knows any similar type artists/songs that would be cool):

As @bickster said, the marvellous Courtney Barnett, or the Whole Lotta Sea Lice Joint album they did together.

Then there's the War on Drugs...and loads of others depending on how you take to the first stuff. Good choice.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the tips. Will explore them properly but have listened to a few of each, and yeah I really like them. So far the war on drugs are a bit of a hit and avant gardener.  

Who knew mods made good slackers? Do slackers make good mods? I came across this song as well which was great, oh and the empire records soundtrack was full of gold. Just put on the collab in the vinyl shot above.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Seal said:

So far the war on drugs are a bit of a hit and avant gardener.  

If you like the War on Drugs, then maybe have a dibble around Lord Huron - I've got a couple of their albums - Lonesome Dreams and Strange Trails which probably fit the bill of slightly laid back Americana slacker rock.

And as mike recently posted in one of the music threads the Midlake album, "the trials of van occupanther"

As for Avant Gardener, it's basically perfect.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xann said:

:)Yeah, yeah.

What's your favourite Trance though?

Maybe "tears from the moon (tiesto in search of sunrise) by Conjure One featuring Sinead O'Connor"

or maybe Not in Love (featuring Robert Smith) by Crystal Castles. Not quite trance, but the "Does it look like I'm here?" album by Emeralds is another fave.

Insomnia, Faithless. Olympia by F*** Buttons

My music collection isn't filed by genre down to splitting Trance and other electronic stuff, so it's hard to be sure. 

or perhaps "tell me why (the riddle)" club remix by Paul van Dyck feat st Etienne. sort of trancey.

• Haha 1

Â