What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Been listening to REM quite a bit lately, for the first time in ages. Again, I find that Shiny Happy People is probably my favourite.

... and yet it's Michael Stipe's least favourite of theirs. He hates it. My favourite REM has to be Losing My Religion.

Losing My Religion is brilliant, obviously. It's just the irony of Shiny Happy People that really touches the little nerdy guy inside me. I don't know why Stipe would hate it, but then again you often find that songwriters can't stand some of their most popular tunes. Thinking about it, I think Stipe may dislike it so much because the song has been so massively misinterprated by so many people.

its not just Michael that hates it, its the whole band

And yes as a fan of REM I have to say it probably is their worst ever single, in fact I've always found it totally cringeworthy

Ah, well, we can't all like the same stuff all the time, and thank gawd for that :)

I'm moving on from Out of Time to Automatic for the People now, so you'll probably see a change of heart from me in terms of favourite REM song. I'm expecting Find the River to make an impact - it usually does.

Blazy of Glory - Bon Jovi :oops:

Actually that album must be one of the best soundtracks ever. IMO, of course. Pure and simple a great album and great song so don't be ashamed.

10cc- Good morning judge

Been listening to REM quite a bit lately, for the first time in ages. Again, I find that Shiny Happy People is probably my favourite.

... and yet it's Michael Stipe's least favourite of theirs. He hates it. My favourite REM has to be Losing My Religion.

Losing My Religion is brilliant, obviously. It's just the irony of Shiny Happy People that really touches the little nerdy guy inside me. I don't know why Stipe would hate it, but then again you often find that songwriters can't stand some of their most popular tunes. Thinking about it, I think Stipe may dislike it so much because the song has been so massively misinterprated by so many people.

its not just Michael that hates it, its the whole band

And yes as a fan of REM I have to say it probably is their worst ever single, in fact I've always found it totally cringeworthy

Ah, well, we can't all like the same stuff all the time, and thank gawd for that :)

I'm moving on from Out of Time to Automatic for the People now, so you'll probably see a change of heart from me in terms of favourite REM song. I'm expecting Find the River to make an impact - it usually does.

For my money, the best stuff REM ever did was on their first four albums. Nothing they've done since has done much for me.

Â