What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Help needed....

Heard a song earlier today, sounded like a track from the 70's. Soul/funk(ish)/disco.

The main line in the chorus was "you keep me hangin' on" but it was definitely not the song made (most) famous by The Supremes. Any ideas?

Maybe it was the Vanilla Fudge version?

There's a shed load of versions of that.

If it is a cover of the Holland/Dozier track I'd stick "You Keep Me Hanging On" into Spotify and go from there.

What they said!!! ^^^^^

The only other song I could think of with that as the chorus was Lou Reeds Perfect Day, and it isn't funk at all.

Help needed....

Heard a song earlier today, sounded like a track from the 70's. Soul/funk(ish)/disco.

The main line in the chorus was "you keep me hangin' on" but it was definitely not the song made (most) famous by The Supremes. Any ideas?

Maybe it was the Vanilla Fudge version?

There's a shed load of versions of that.

If it is a cover of the Holland/Dozier track I'd stick "You Keep Me Hanging On" into Spotify and go from there.

Nope, not a cover. Sounded like a completely different song (and certainly nothing like vanilla fudge). Trouble is, I don't even know if that's the title so I fear I may never actually find out what/who it is. :(

Followed the link to hitz's radio show an hour or two late ;)

If you think it was faster? PM Hitz to speak to the Funk and Soul DJ after him, whilst it's still fresh.

There's too much of this stuff. It would be interesting to know if it was obvious one missed, or an obscurity?

:)

Â