About that goal.

Pelle

How would your reaction be?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How would your reaction be?

• Happy that we won and nothing else matters?
    • Happy we won but with a bitter taste?
    • Wouldn't care at all, such things happens?
    • Disgusted and feel we didn't deserve it and wanting the player out?

Thought about Messis goal and read a swedish pundits comments about it and how he thought it was disgraceful and hoped it shouldn't decide the outcome of the league, as it may do at this stage.

then I thought of what if a Villa-player did a similar thing and it gave us the league. What would you've thought and felt then?

I for one would've been glad that we'd won the league but at the same time it would've had its bitterness. I wouldn't be as proud and I would have questioned the player who did that.

Well as Barca conceded and Real scored in the 89th minute of their respective games, its pretty much academic now.

If it were a Villa player, id take the title win. In the long run they remember who won it, not how they won it.

it pisses me off that a player of messis undoubted quality has to cheat, it was easier to head the ball rather than punch it into the net. a disgrace and i hope he gets punished for it.

Well as Barca conceded and Real scored in the 89th minute of their respective games, its pretty much academic now.

If it were a Villa player, id take the title win. In the long run they remember who won it, not how they won it.

I have to disagree. Well, might be wrong on the first one, but if the goal had been disallowed as it should then Barcelona would've lost 2-1 and losing out som edge to Sevilla.

And for the 2nd thing. Well, has the world forgot about Maradona yet? You can be right, but that depends very much on hwo and who the player was, I think.

I have to disagree. Well, might be wrong on the first one, but if the goal had been disallowed as it should then Barcelona would've lost 2-1 and losing out som edge to Sevilla.

would they?

Happy we won but with a bitter taste...in the game. The league wasnt won in only one game...it is 37 other games that has taken us in that position and of course the club is as worthy the title as anyone...even though one goal was "from God".

I wouldnt like it and I would condemn the goal and the player...but still...you cant win the league if you havent been very good in the 37 games before.

if the goal had been disallowed as it should then Barcelona would've lost 2-1.

How on earth do you know that?

Well, of course that's only based on what the result was minus one goal, and I'm the first to admit that it probably wouldn't have been that result. So ok, a little bit silly as we'll never know what the score would be if it had been disallowed. It's just takong that particular goal out of the game.

And Rev, yes, I think that they have the edge over Sevilla as they are 2 points ahead of them and a draw for Barca and a win for Sevilla would still mean that Barca would win the league, if Real loses of course. I might be wrong. But if I'm right and assuming that it would've been 2-1 to Espanyol it would've meant that Sevilla would've won the league with the same results as in the first example. Did you get what I meant? :?

it pisses me off that a player of messis undoubted quality has to cheat, it was easier to head the ball rather than punch it into the net. a disgrace and i hope he gets punished for it.

It's in his blood to do this sort of thing i remember back in 1986 i think when Diego double egg and chips hand of god Maradonna punched the ball in the net.

what a cheat!he really is messidona.For those saying it would be easier to head it in,watch the video again.The cross is deflected off a defender so it kinda took messi by surprise.The audacity he had to celebrate it later on,disgraceful.....like maradonna.Saying that,I wouldn't mind him at villa though. :D

I remember Ugo doing this a few years ago in a 1-1 draw at home against Man City when we were in relegation trouble.

Don't remember too many complaints from the Villa faithful at the time. :winkold:

However, really is about time that "ungentlemanly conduct" if clearly caught on camera became a citable offence, and people should be punished after the event.

I remember Stefan Moore doing it in a rather important game for us a couple of years ago but got caught and the goal was disallowed. We lost that game. Think it was in DOLs first season. Remember I had a feeling that "Why didn't he head it?" while another Villa-fan behind me shrugged his shoulders and said "Well, it was worth a try." I knew what he meant but I wanted us to win with fair play.

The Messi-Maradona link continues... If we won the league from a goal like that i'd have a bitter taste, unless of course it was against sha/the shammers.

You have to consider the grief from the knuckledraggers though.

Couldn't care less. Imagine Rooney winning the world cup with a "Hand of God" goal past Buffon, how'd you think the press would react, "England Kings of the World" or "Disgraceul cheating wins England World Cup"?

He couldn't head it, used his hand, got away with it. Fair play :)

That's actually a good point. But I still was happy that we won by 2 goals, whcih always makes that goal less important. Even if it's still rather important as the first goal.

Â