About that goal.

Pelle

How would your reaction be?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. How would your reaction be?

• Happy that we won and nothing else matters?
    • Happy we won but with a bitter taste?
    • Wouldn't care at all, such things happens?
    • Disgusted and feel we didn't deserve it and wanting the player out?

Couldn't care less. Imagine Rooney winning the world cup with a "Hand of God" goal past Buffon, how'd you think the press would react, "England Kings of the World" or "Disgraceul cheating wins England World Cup"?

He couldn't head it, used his hand, got away with it. Fair play :)

Agree totally - I have the same feeling about the Maradona one too. It takes a good player to even think that way in the heat of a game.

Couldn't care less. Imagine Rooney winning the world cup with a "Hand of God" goal past Buffon, how'd you think the press would react, "England Kings of the World" or "Disgraceul cheating wins England World Cup"?

Agree totally - I have the same feeling about the Maradona one too. It takes a good player to even think that way in the heat of a game.

Well, call it whatever you like, but never fair play. Well, it's just not fair play to cheat.

Well, call it whatever you like, but never fair play. Well, it's just not fair play to cheat.

I agree but sport in general has loads of instances where someone has done similar, is it only 'cheating' when you don't get caught?

I agree but sport in general has loads of instances where someone has done similar, is it only 'cheating' when you don't get caught?

No, of course not. It's always cheating, but IMO there are worse and less worse way of cheatings. This is one of the worse. But I agree that there are loads of cheating in todays sport. But I don't like it. I want Villa to win fair.

Sorry Pelle but cheating is cheating, for me there are no levels of cheating and a handball in the area for a goal is as bad as a handball/ foul / push in the centre circle that leads to a goal. It is one of those things that happen to all teams in football and it is up to the referee and linesman to spot it.

I wonder how many of those 'happy to win' (which is currently 79% of the vote) are English and hate Maradona for what he did in '86 ? I'd be very curious about the hypocricy :)

Sorry Pelle but cheating is cheating, for me there are no levels of cheating and a handball in the area for a goal is as bad as a handball/ foul / push in the centre circle that leads to a goal. It is one of those things that happen to all teams in football and it is up to the referee and linesman to spot it.

I see you point and know what you mean, but I put a difference to cheat to win a ball in the middle of the field and to cheat to score a goal to win a game. Guess we just have to agree to disagree there, and I don't have a problem with that. :)

Â