Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

Malbranque is just the latest in a long line of high profile players who have allegedly turned us down.

We should be looking at Europe, where perhaps the club has a better reputation. How about one of those Brazilian hotshots Olveira or Baptista?

Or, perhaps more accessible, Benni McCarthy? Now Blackburn have dropped their interest we won't have to compete for his signature!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what would the feeling be on Bowyer? would anybody be ok with him signing?

The thread from yesterday was locked but its a valid question at this point.

As I've said, a separate speculation subforum would be better as you could then simply move the debates there rather than locking them which makes it hard for the debate to continue.

As for Bowyer - at his best, he would walk into our first team. Just depends exactly what levels he can reach now as opposed to 2001

linked in the notw today to Stuart elliott of Hull City. He managed to be their top scorer even though he played most of the time in midfield and was injured for the last part of the season. However, i'm sure they'll be wanting a decent amount and therefore not worth the risk.

Taylor: Elliott not for sale

Hull boss Peter Taylor has warned suitors Aston Villa, Charlton and Portsmouth that star winger Stuart Elliott is not for sale.

Reports have linked the Premiership trio with the Northern Ireland international.

But Taylor is adamant that not even a bid of £3m would persuade the Tigers to sell the Ulsterman.

"If clubs think they can get him for £3m, they are wasting their time," said Taylor. "When you look at the market, he's got to be worth more than that.

"I know Stuart is very happy here - and we're obviously very happy with him," he told the Hull Daily Mail.

the Independant today report that the arrival of Park Ji Sung at ManUre could spell the end for Liam Miller, Keiran Richardson and/or John O'Shea

Not fussed about Miller at all and Richardson will probs end up at West Brom but Joh O'Shea would be an excellent aquisition!! He can play LB and CB- has experience of playing top level and shouldn't cost too much (around £2.5m - £3.5m)

I'd like to see us put an £8m- £10m double bid in for Smith and O'Shea - that'd be better than stubbs and phillips wouldn't it???