Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

DOL from OS:

David O'Leary believes his summer spending plans have created a buzz of excitement around the club.

And the Villa boss hopes yesterday's swoop for Patrik Berger marks the start of a hectic summer at Villa Park.

O'Leary has given his list of summer targets, including Berger, to the board and was at Villa Park yesterday to check on progress.

He is relishing the prospect of working with a bigger squad next term and told www.avfc.co.uk: "This summer can be an exciting one for the club.

"I've seen a change in mood in the whole club since I was given the go ahead to spend. There's a real lift in people about the place. I've had lots of texts and e-mails and people saying to me: 'You've got a great chance now'.

"People have said I've done a great job with what I've got but now I have a chance of pushing the club forward instead of just keeping it there.

"I can do the job properly and I think everyone's buzzing. If we can deliver the players to see this thing through, there will be a great buzz in the summer with an 'on-the-up' attitude.

"With no disrespect to anyone else, we're the big club in the Midlands. We're the big club in the Midlands but you can't live on tradition. We've got to act big and be big."

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fair play to the man. i totally agree - i just hope we all get some interesting suprises with the signings. he did bring in some good players at leeds and he's a good tactician. maybe we can get balaban back at a knock down fee.....

DOL from OS:

"I've seen a change in mood in the whole club since I was given the go ahead to spend. There's a real lift in people about the place. I've had lots of texts and e-mails

We allready know he has had lots of texts...

AND we've got three of the most prominent players in South America here to help him acclimitize to the Prem

What has that got to do with him wanting to join us more? That's like saying I would join a Brazilian club because a guy from Finland was already playing..... wouldn't make my mind up at all

Perhaps you don't speak fluent Finnish, Allstar? If you did, surely it would put your mind at ease to know that there was at least someone at the club you could talk to (unless you speak Portuguese of course.)

I would say our 3 Hispanics would be a big advantage in attracting players from Spain, or Argentina in this case.

I mention Spain because I think it's more likely we would be looking there. DOL doesn't like having to give our S American contingent time off for internationals.

Some of you might think otherwise, but JPA is pretty highly thought of in south-america... thats my impression anyway.

Rumours are that Fergerson is sniffing round Owen, 2 good things about that!

1) Maybe a sly bid for Saha? I rate him amazing first touch and can finsh

2) It will piss Soucness of a treat ;)

Leon Osman, contract up at the end of the season and with Everton bidding for Davies perhaps would consider going elsewhere.

And how about James Milner or Darren Ambrose, one i expect could leave and given our recent buying of N'castle who knows? Both would be good backup wingers, cheap and young.

How about that topscorer in ze german league... he plays for Nürnberg, but i dont remember his name. Something like malik or lakin... maybe :?

Marek MINTAL

FC Nuremberg Midfielder

Height: 1.83m. Weight: 78.00kg. Nationality: Slovakia

Born: 02/09/1977 in Zilina

Year : 2005

Games : 33

Starting Line-up : 33

Substitutions : 0

Goals : 23

Penalties : 0

Yellow Cards : 3

Red Cards : 0