Paul Lambert

limpid

Winning the last 3 games will put fans back on his side. But it ain't happening... he's gone.

You reckon?

It will take a lot more than winning 3 games on the spin to get the majority of fans back on his side. Remember, we aren't fickle!  :D

I think so yeah.

I think if we beat Hull, Man City and Spurs a lot of fans would be willing to give him another chance. 

But the fact is, we're not going to do that :

TBF if Lambert stayed and bought a few quality players fans would start the new season behind him but he'd be on very short leash. At the moment I can't wait for the season to end but i know after a couple of days I'll miss it and a few signings and I'll be as positive as ever about next season. My hope for Saturday is we win and Lerner comes on to the pitch an announces our sale to a trillionaire. That's my Walter Mitty moment though!

I dont think Lambert deserves another season, he is a very lucky man IMO. To survive this long given the amount of dross he has signed and how awful the football as been for the majority of his tenure is quite an achievement. The fans and the club have been more than patient with him even though he has taken us backwards and broke almost every crap record going. To top it all off the shennanigans with Karsa and Culverhouse was ridiculous who had both followed him everywhere despite them being a pair of words removed going back to the Colchester days. If he is still here next year I will be livid.

• Like 1

Solomonic & wise after the event fan base

You seem to talking down to those fans that could see what was happening. You shouldn't really judge others based on your need for undying support of Paul Lambert and lack of football knowledge.

Yes. Those same fans who wanted him here in the first place. Practically all 35,000 of them. If you are the exception to this fact then I bow to your superior fore sight, intellect & wisdom & subsequently demand the six numbers right now for this weekends National Lottery.

• Like 1

I don't care about individual games as for me the overall season long performance is what matters and Lambert has shown himself to totally inept as our manager. We have gone backwards this year in terms of results overall and entertainment. He has taken players and completely devalued them. He has been found to have derelict his duty as manager and shown himself to be even worse than his predecessor. This is completely unacceptable performance and the sack is too good for him. If he was a real man with any shred of dignity he would have resigned months ago when it became so blindingly obvious that he lacked the required skills to perform the job. Hey ho it's the way of the world these days that the blithering idiots sit and wait for the sack and the subsequent pay off as they will struggle to find work in the future. 

You seem to talking down to those fans that could see what was happening. You shouldn't really judge others based on your need for undying support of Paul Lambert and lack of football knowledge.

Yes. Those same fans who wanted him here in the first place. Practically all 35,000 of them. If you are the exception to this fact then I bow to your superior fore sight, intellect & wisdom & subsequently demand the six numbers right now for this weekends National Lottery.

I know a lot of people that thought he was shite before he arrived and never wanted him. Certainly the 20/30 season ticket holders who frequent my local were not impressed with his appointment. I dont think it was as big a majority as you think

I know a lot of people that thought he was shite before he arrived and never wanted him. Certainly the 20/30 season ticket holders who frequent my local were not impressed with his appointment. I dont think it was as big a majority as you think

I think because a couple of thousand away fans sang his name at Norwich and because he isn't Alex McLeish people assume that all fans wanted him here. The reality is quite probably way less.

I admit I wanted him here two years ago but I was horribly wrong, Lambert is a shite manager and needs sacking sooner rather than later. We made a huge mistake employing this halfwit but it doesn't mean we have to keep him forever.

I think because a couple of thousand away fans sang his name at Norwich and because he isn't Alex McLeish people assume that all fans wanted him here. The reality is quite probably way less.

I cringed when they sang that at carrow road

& yet the opposite argument also applies because those same away fans where then calling for his head only a few weeks ago at Palace.

Can you see the double standard at work here or am I missing something?

& yet the opposite argument also applies because those same away fans where then calling for his head only a few weeks ago at Palace.

So when are fans entitled to call for his head? When we are relegated? Is there a certain period you have to accept a manager is in charge because you sang his name before he joined the club? Are 2 seasons not long enough?

You are missing something, it is called the truth. The fact that away fans were calling for his head only a few weeks ago does not mean that the majority of fans wanted him here in the first place. What they chant is irrelevant, some of the time chanting is just to wind up the opposition fans and some of the time it is to express their feelings at what is happening in front of their eyes.

I niether wanted or didn't want him here. It was a shoulder-shrug appointment for me but I did have a feeling of 'let's see what he can do at a proper club'. Reletively young and a certain ammount of unknown ability about him.

Not impressed so far. If fact, bitterly dissapointed and bored rigid.

• Like 3

So when are fans entitled to call for his head? When we are relegated? Is there a certain period you have to accept a manager is in charge because you sang his name before he joined the club? Are 2 seasons not long enough?

Ask your self this question then please.

Whose judgement does it best reflect on. The Managers or the fans?

You wanted him in & you now want him out.

So who subsequently fills this void? Logically from the above there's no point asking the fans.

I can never understand this point, what's it got to do with anything that the majority wanted Lambert in in the first place? He looked a good appointment but has unfortunately been proven not to be, minds can be changed by circumstance and he is justly under fire.

• Like 1

No double standards there! After two years of this spineless moron hiding behind his mates Culverhouse and Karsa a majority of fans (80 odd %) want to see the back of his inspiration less management and shocking on field performances from his teams. Two years is a long time in football and he has received more good will than any manager in recent history. He's lucky to have not been personally lynched.

To be fair VR, i think people who pay money have a right to change their mind...

I admit I wanted him here two years ago but I was horribly wrong, Lambert is a shite manager and needs sacking sooner rather than later. We made a huge mistake employing this halfwit but it doesn't mean we have to keep him forever.

Could you please not insult halfwits, Lambert is more like a cretin

thank you

Ask your self this question then please.

Whose judgement does it best reflect on. The Managers or the fans?

You wanted him in & you now want him out.

So who subsequently fills this void? Logically from the above there's no point asking the fans.

If the majority were calling for his head after a few games then I'd be agreeing with you point. But 2 whole seasons is a very long time in the modern game. When a club stands still or goes backwards in that time then fans are justified in wanting change regardless of whether they wanted the manager in the first place.

Since when has the club ever listened to the fans anyway?

Â