Paul Lambert

limpid

All this amazing confidence that Lambert's going to go is quite laughable really.

Lambert is doing badly because of things beyond his control. You/we might not be able to grasp that, but Randy Lerner most certainly will.

Do you think he will grasp the number of empty seats at Villa park each week? (Based on sales because he will clearly never see it).

I'm in Brighton this weekend for the marathon (my wife is running it, thankfully, not me). There's not much 3G in Brighton so I missed most of the details of the match. I was very shocked at the result. If we can't.beat the worst team in the league at home, we are truly shafted.

However, there was some support here in Brighton for our mumbling manager's key footballing philosophy, which I thought I would share...

goagain_zps1e8745cc.jpg

• Like 2

All this amazing confidence that Lambert's going to go is quite laughable really.

Lambert is doing badly because of things beyond his control. You/we might not be able to grasp that, but Randy Lerner most certainly will.

Do you think he will grasp the number of empty seats at Villa park each week? (Based on sales because he will clearly never see it).

I think he already realises, I just hope that that convinces him to release some of the financial restrictions rather than sack Lambert and have the situation pop up again in 18 months time.

Amo69, There were 33k at the Fulham game, despite our consistently poor home performances.

I think you overestimate the effect a manager change is going to have on the gate.

People turn up mostly either to check out players, new signings, or big teams, even if you personally turn up to see the manager's bald patch :)

• Like 1

I think he already realises, I just hope that that convinces him to release some of the financial restrictions rather than sack Lambert and have the situation pop up again in 18 months time.

It's no certainty the situation could pop up in 18 months time. He could release the financial constrictions and get a new manager in.

Amo69, There were 33k at the Fulham game, despite our consistently poor home performances.

I think you overestimate the effect a manager change is going to have on the gate.

People turn up mostly either to check out players, new signings, or big teams, even if you personally turn up to see the manager's bald patch :)

What affect did Lambert's initial appointment have on the gate? Even an extra 5k seats filled is a lot of extra revenue.

Plus I'd even consider ending my boycott of villa park to see Peps bald patch ;)

• Like 1

What affect did Lambert's initial appointment have on the gate? Even an extra 5k seats filled is a lot of extra revenue.

Plus I'd even consider ending my boycott of villa park to see Peps bald patch ;)

An extra 5k seats for a few games until everybody starts moaning again probably wouldn't be worth the pay off Lambert would get

• Like 3

An extra 5k seats for a few games until everybody starts moaning again probably wouldn't be worth the pay off Lambert would get

I know I'm just trying to find other reasons Lerner may sack Lambert if the shocking performances of the team aren't enough to convince him.

I know I'm just trying to find other reasons Lerner may sack Lambert if the shocking performances of the team aren't enough to convince him.

It'll just come off the budget for next season.

• Like 2

It's Lambert's direct and no plan B approach that really does it for me, if we played better football but were still struggling then I'd have some optimism he could improve things with more time/money etc. Tactically the man just isn't good enough. 

I make that 8 million wasted and 32 million reasonably well spent. That is a very good record.

And another shit, record breaking season to show for it.

It's had it's moments, you have to admit. (And yes, quite a few shockers)

I put the blame on the following, in decreasing order:

Injuries to vital players; Young players being inconsistent; Small budget leading to purchase of second or third choice players; Lambert not being superhuman.

Dream on, the route cause of our problems is having a tactically inept manager. I would not trust Lambert with any more money, if he managed Barcelona he would make them look like like the way we play these days. 

The tactics argument just doesn't wash with me. To follow tactics properly you need players who can execute them, they cost money. We don't have money.

Nobody ever says a manager's tactics were poor after a win, and nobody ever says a manager's tactics were good after a defeat.

It's a results business, which comes down to the players again.

Whatever you think of Harry Redknapp, he's a reasonably successful manager who is quite open about the limited value of tactics.

When Lambert goes in the summer you all owe me a smiley face or something.

When his new deal is announced on the OS you can donate a tenner to VT

Deal?

Woh woh, you're not getting away with a smiley face then!

He gets a new deal I donate. He gets sacked then you donate.

Deal.

Â