2014 Fantasy NFL

kkr

Well funny that at the start of the season, nobody moaned when I got the missus to enter again even though she couldn't really be arsed. If that didn't happen someone would have had to drop out.

I think next season it should be limited to 16 teams. That way everyone gets 2 QB's. That's if there's anybody still wants to do it after all the grizzling

No, people are complaining because of the horrible trades. There's ways to do this fairly. We all knew you had two teams and it wasn't her but that's besides the point when the teams are being dealt with in an equal way.

If you go back to page 7 I complained about the trades at the time and nobody backed me up. 

To be honest I think it's a bit of a joke and I quit. I'll drop my players now. 

Come on, there's no need to do that. 

Plus my waiver ranking is 18  :ph34r:

I think next season it should be limited to 16 teams.

I agree. 16 teams for 16 weeks, and everyone plays each other which will not be the case this year. Good fun nonetheless as I've won 6 on the trot!

If you go back to page 7 I complained about the trades at the time and nobody backed me up. 

I didn't see the post. A good way to get any message out is to send a mass email to all managers, which you can access on your team page. 

I'm guilty of not always reviewing proposed trades, so I should keep a closer eye on that.

If we look at it subjectively we required an 18th team and none of us rejected the idea of Rob reinstating his Mrs team with the knowledge that he would likely be running it. Therefore I'd say we allowed this situation to occur and can hardly whinge and moan.

On the flip side Rob knows he's taking the piss but we never asked him to agree to ground rules and I don't know if I'd do any different if I was in his situation.

Most of us play for fun so if you so desire you could argue that has been tainted a tad but the underlying challenge to compete exists in the 13 other weeks you dont play one of Robs teams so it's not a season defining issue for me. It's no trade gate from 2011 (iirc) and it won't stop me playing again next year cause believe it or not it's only a game with nothing to play for.

I agree with a cap to 16 teams next year though and would raise an option to make the TE position a W/T so there are 2 flex positions for receivers as it is arguably the most readily available waiver position. The scoring is fine to a point, I like the QB bonuses as anyone can benefit on any given day however I think the D points need review as twice I've lost out to the two highest D points this season and it just felt unrealistic (personal perspective of course)

Edited by Tubby
  • Like 1

Yeah, I'm not actually overly fussed about it as it is only for fun, but it was annoying how frequent they were. It would have bothered me a lot more if it was a cash league but it isnt. Fwiw I was voting against them but it seems like most others weren't. It did allow us to have an even number of teams, but I also thought that the two teams would be maintained fairly without any shady trades between them. I think that's an expected and not unrealistic expectation. 

I think I've beaten both teams this season already so it's not an issue for me. I was just concerned about the people near the top of the league being cheated a bit, especially with the playoffs on the horizon.

Its not something that would stop me playing next year, certainly. It should definitely be capped at 16 teams though.

• Like 1

Regarding scoring I think some things need to be reviewed. Cut down bonuses because the difference between 95 and 100 yards does not deserve an extra 10 and same as goes on. I'd also get rid of 1pt for rush attempt/pass completion. 20 pass yards per point not 15. D points cut down for yards allowed and return yards. Decimal points too. At the moment I feel like the scoring rewards yards way too highly and touchdowns then seem not enough.

Basically something more like a ppr league but our variation.

Edited by rhyscartwright_avfc

Put up 3,000 points and don't make the playoffs (not unless Julio Jones sets a WR record). I can look back at more than one week my team didn't perform, I only needed that one extra win. Gutted

Â