Group G: GER POR GHA USA

limpid

You see these teams like Ghana and Iran give the big sides a good game and then you look at England and know that we'd probably do the opposite.

It's because we would approach the game thinking we can take the game to them and beat them rather than trying not to lose and take it from there. But that's what we all want right?

To be fair England did give Italy and Uruguay a good game. It's not like they didn't try and got their asses kicked 0-4. The games were close. Just not quite good enough, especially in defence.

• Like 1

To be fair England did give Italy and Uruguay a good game. It's not like they didn't try and got their asses kicked 0-4. The games were close. Just not quite good enough, especially in defence.

I would rather have frustrated them and not lost to be honest.

That's not what Ghana did

That's not what Ghana did

Ghana are better than us in my opinion. They were also playing a team that did not face elimination if they lost. Makes a massive difference.

I know many wouldn't agree.

I think both games. Approach the game a little bit more patiently against Italy and they were there for the taking. Costa Rica showed that.

We as a nation need to realise the team isn't as good as the opposition at times and you have to play accordingly.