Thailand

Stevo985

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You been pattaya yet?

No it’s more of a honeymoon than anything, been to Bangkok (again), Chiang Mai (first time), then went to a luxury resort in south Phuket but didn’t like the place / food much (did have an amazing private pool Villa though - photo maybe coming to the Rogue’s Gallery if I feel brave enough 😀) so have come back to Chang Mai for another few days before ending in Bangkok again and Doha airport (lounge).

On 13/11/2022 at 13:16, fightoffyour said:

No it’s more of a honeymoon than anything, been to Bangkok (again), Chiang Mai (first time), then went to a luxury resort in south Phuket but didn’t like the place / food much (did have an amazing private pool Villa though - photo maybe coming to the Rogue’s Gallery if I feel brave enough 😀) so have come back to Chang Mai for another few days before ending in Bangkok again and Doha airport (lounge).

Ah nice. Yeah dont go pattaya unless you want a divorce 😏 

Is it still cheap out there? Was eating feasts for like £7 when i went out getting1 hour full body massages for like a fiver. Loved the place its amazing

29 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Ah nice. Yeah dont go pattaya unless you want a divorce 😏 

Is it still cheap out there? Was eating feasts for like £7 when i went out getting1 hour full body massages for like a fiver. Loved the place its amazing

Beer isn’t particularly cheap, even in 7/11 it’s £1 for a small can or bottle (which suggests high taxes) so you’re doing well to get a big one in a bar for less than £2.50.

Food and massages are dirt cheap though, pad Thai on the street in bangkok or curries in restaurants in chiang mai for £1.50, half hour massages usually £3.50 or even just £2 on the chiang mai walking street market.

Had my ears cleaned in a barbers and that cost a quid for about 20 mins work.

Edited by fightoffyour

2 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Beer isn’t particularly cheap, even in 7/11 it’s £1 for a small can or bottle (which suggests high taxes) so you’re doing well to get a big one in a bar for less than £2.50.

Food and massages are dirt cheap though, pad Thai on the street in bangkok or curries in restaurants in chiang mai for £1.50, half hour massages usually £3.50 or even just £2 on the chiang mai walking street market.

Had my ears cleaned in a barbers and that cost a quid for about 20 mins work.

Wow amazing isnt it?

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

Yep! Already want to go back to chiang mai next year.

chiang mai is awesome. did a zip wire day through the jungle whilst we were there. arguably the highlight of the holiday

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

chiang mai is awesome. did a zip wire day through the jungle whilst we were there. arguably the highlight of the holiday

Oh where was that? Need a few more trips lined up for next time. Will probably make it to chiang rai as well, whether that’s for an overnighter or long day trip or fly there first and stay and then head down to chiang mai.

I’m writing this with a can of Singha on my Hand, getting a foot rub on Rambuttri, for a happy ending to our holiday.

10 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Oh where was that? Need a few more trips lined up for next time. Will probably make it to chiang rai as well, whether that’s for an overnighter or long day trip or fly there first and stay and then head down to chiang mai.

I’m writing this with a can of Singha on my Hand, getting a foot rub on Rambuttri, for a happy ending to our holiday.

pretty sure this was the one

https://www.pm-tours.com/adventure/zipline-jungle-flight

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

IMO One of the biggest myths for me when I went to Thailand was the street food. Its overpriced and not even good. You can get a nice sit down meal at nice restaurant in the a shopping mall with air conditioning for a much better price and quality. My tip. DYOR.

On 15/01/2023 at 00:18, messi11 said:

IMO One of the biggest myths for me when I went to Thailand was the street food. Its overpriced and not even good. You can get a nice sit down meal at nice restaurant in the a shopping mall with air conditioning for a much better price and quality. My tip. DYOR.

Not sure where you went but i went to aload of street markets the food was not only cheap it was absolutely delicious.

The only place i thought the street food was garbage was Bangkok 

22 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Not sure where you went but i went to aload of street markets the food was not only cheap it was absolutely delicious.

Non specific meat on a skewer cooked on a filthy bbq. 

I did have deep fried insects the first time I went there. Crunchy. 

2 hours ago, Xela said:

Non specific meat on a skewer cooked on a filthy bbq. 

I did have deep fried insects the first time I went there. Crunchy. 

Ergh avoided those like the plague.

But some of the street food was unreal. But the best thing for me was thai mangoes. They were the best mangoes ive ever had. Makes you realise how bad ours are

On 17/01/2023 at 19:29, Demitri_C said:

i guess it's luck of the draw. the best green curry i had in my 2 weeks there was from bangkok and it cost 40p

Â