Thailand

Stevo985

It was far. Like 2 or 3 hours I think.

But like I said, the car we went in was a really nice 4x4. Reclining leather seats with snacks and water and radio and air con. And it was just the two of us.

We were so knackered after the day we just slept the whole way back.

It's a long day. I think they picked us up at 5:30am from memory. But it's totally worth it.

Edited by Stevo985

Like I said riding elephants isn't good, even if camps treat the elephants ok now....

http://expertvagabond.com/elephants-in-thailand/

Wild elephants won’t let humans ride on top of them. So in order to tame a wild elephant, it is tortured as a baby to completely break its spirit. The process is called Phajaan, or “the crush”.

The site on there, ENP is where I went and they are making a concerted (but ultimately doomed to fail) effort to stop elephant riding completely.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Omg I love this place!!!!!

How was your first evening? I remember why first night in Bangkok, about ten years back. It was crazy! Such an assault on the senses

On 5 March 2016 at 03:13, Xela said:

How was your first evening? I remember why first night in Bangkok, about ten years back. It was crazy! Such an assault on the senses

First night was in pattaya was effing brilliant. Pattaya gets a bad rep but the people are so friendly and the nightlife is fantastic. Also found a lovely beach 20 mins by boat. Currently in Koh Chang lovely island, foods good but night life's a bit lame. Got ken more night tomorrow here then heading back to pattaya for a night before moving on to phi phi and krabi

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So I am back from Thailand...absolutely loved it!!

Pattaya: started here and I know people gave it negative reviews but I loved it! The people were nice, it wanst as in your face as I thought and the night life is fantastic. The other thing is, is it wanst that touristy. The beach there is pants but you can get a boat to a nearby beach takes about 30 minutes and its a lovely beach.

Koh chang: paradise, it really is. Beautiful beaches, surroundings and ridiculously cheap for food. Paid 35p for fresh mangoes! Nightlife is abit quiet but definitely good to relax for few days. Did elephant trekking which was scary but fecking brilliant

Phi Phi Islands: horrible journey as flew from krabi and then got boat. It was ok, nice island. Nighlife was meh full of backpackers. Beach was shit there was a lot of floating crap in the sea which i suspect is from the boats closeby. Got boat boat to Monkey Island which was closeby which was excellent fun.

Phuket: Very touristy, but has it all food, great nightlife and good beaches. Thought there was a few too many hustlers though. Barring that excellent place and would go back

Bangkok: Probably my least favourite city of them all. Way too compact and busy for my liking and food was meh.

Overall, what a lace and I definite intend to go back next year

Edited by Demitri_C

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Never mind the beaches and the price of mangoes .....What we really want to know was did you get banged by a lady boy ?

Haha one did try it on with me but I knew straight away from the height she was, but jesus was she hot! I politely declined and ended up taking one of her friends who definitely had no male features about her :)

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Never mind the beaches and the price of mangoes .....What we really want to know was did you get banged by a lady boy ?

Haha one did try it on with me but I knew straight away from the height she was, but jesus was she hot! I politely declined and ended up taking one of her friends who definitely had no male features about her :)

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Scaredy-cat :P

On 20/03/2016 at 13:33, Demitri_C said:

So I am back from Thailand...absolutely loved it!!

Pattaya: started here and I know people gave it negative reviews but I loved it! The people were nice, it wanst as in your face as I thought and the night life is fantastic. The other thing is, is it wanst that touristy. The beach there is pants but you can get a boat to a nearby beach takes about 30 minutes and its a lovely beach.

Koh chang: paradise, it really is. Beautiful beaches, surroundings and ridiculously cheap for food. Paid 35p for fresh mangoes! Nightlife is abit quiet but definitely good to relax for few days. Did elephant trekking which was scary but fecking brilliant

Phi Phi Islands: horrible journey as flew from krabi and then got boat. It was ok, nice island. Nighlife was meh full of backpackers. Beach was shit there was a lot of floating crap in the sea which i suspect is from the boats closeby. Got boat boat to Monkey Island which was closeby which was excellent fun.

Phuket: Very touristy, but has it all food, great nightlife and good beaches. Thought there was a few too many hustlers though. Barring that excellent place and would go back

Bangkok: Probably my least favourite city of them all. Way too compact and busy for my liking and food was meh.

Overall, what a lace and I definite intend to go back next year

Bangkok is a hidden treasure.  Many a good night spent revelling in the back streets of this sleepless city.  Believe me, when you uncover it, the clubs, the food, the people, all is well in your world.  I met my wife there, she's Thai obviously, but I've learned so much of the place just through the local knowledge and miss BKK sincerely

If you need somewhere to visit next time head to the west coast, it's quiet but the beaches are unreal.  If you want parties, well you've hit all the spots I'd recommend.  For culture then it's the North.

I didn't like Bangkok either.

Enjoyed it for a day or two, but had absolutely no desire to stay. Loud, busy, everybody's out to scam you, and it stinks.

Although I didn't partake in the nightlife so maybe that's where I missed out.

The thing with Bangkok as Stevo says too busy and loud. Its really in your face. I really didnt like the ticketing system on the underground either. Alot of scamming for sure but I must admit it was the best place to grab a bargain from the stalls as you can negiotaite with them. Grabbed some bargains. I think a night there is enough.

Loved Pattaya to be honest. i think I liked it because it wasnt every touristy like Phuket where there was a lot of French Algerians who I found disrespcted the country greatly by throwing rubbish everywhere and being rude to the thai people. 

• 6 years later...
Â