Top 3 most disappointing places

donnie

Bangcock - full of conning thieves (could be anywhere in Surrey I suppose :-) ).

Milan - what a pox hole that is. It has the centre square but the rest of the place is a dump. If the locals took as much care about the city as they do about putting unk in their hair it would be a better place

Manchester - everyone just wants to fight or have an attitude

• 2 weeks later...

1. New York - dirty, noisy, annoying scary people

2. Frankfurt - nothing whatsoever to do

3. Jumbo shopping center in Playa del Ingles - older and smaller than I remembered (last time visited 30 years ago)

New York disappointing?! No way! It's amazing. I refuse to accept your answer! :D

Maybe I had a bad week when I went, so I accept your refusal to accept my answer, and take it back.:)

The other two stand though.

Edited by AVTuco

2) Budapest - im in the minority I know, but it was cold, freezing cold when I went and I stayed in a shit hostel full of hippys so im defo going to give it another chance. However my experience was that the people were cold. Never seen a single local smile and not one was pleasant. Felt like I was in 40's communist russia and everything seemed so derelict. Not to mention the food being ghastly. Wasnt impressed at all. However as most people disagree with me on budapest Im going to give it another chance but in better weather and a nicer hotel.

Def give it another go mate. Loved budapest, would be thrilled to go back.

As for me

1) Paris. What a dump. Rude and unhelpful people and teh city is dirty. Food was crap as well

2) Prague. Was nice in certain parts but very sleazy. Felt like just being in giant brothal

3) LA. The less said about that poxy city the better. What a dive

2) Budapest - im in the minority I know, but it was cold, freezing cold when I went and I stayed in a shit hostel full of hippys so im defo going to give it another chance. However my experience was that the people were cold. Never seen a single local smile and not one was pleasant. Felt like I was in 40's communist russia and everything seemed so derelict. Not to mention the food being ghastly. Wasnt impressed at all. However as most people disagree with me on budapest Im going to give it another chance but in better weather and a nicer hotel.

Def give it another go mate. Loved budapest, would be thrilled to go back.

As for me

1) Paris. What a dump. Rude and unhelpful people and teh city is dirty. Food was crap as well

2) Prague. Was nice in certain parts but very sleazy. Felt like just being in giant brothal

3) LA. The less said about that poxy city the better. What a dive

different people on different days, but my visit to Paris last summer was a delight and clearly the opposite of your experience (I'm not saying yours is wrong at all, it's a big old place and being a city it can contrive to show you a truly shitty bad time)

but on my visit the people were far far more friendly and communicative than previously (I think their economy made my stinky british money a bit more desirable), the place was immaculate and the food was great everywhere except Disney and their nasty expensive hot dogs

But then we did sort of 'observe' all the stuff that could make it horrible, I showed the kids the street hawkers just as the police turned up to break up their pavement sales - the kids thought it was cool that there was a whistle, the guy jerked a string on his sheet displaying little Eiffel towers and it scooped them all up duffle bag style and he was running in about 0.3 of a second chased by lycra clad police on mountain bikes. Proper street theatre. Later we watched a guy filling bottles from the Seinne then flogging them to tourists for 1 euro - bargain!

50/50 chance we might go back this year - but you should never go back somewhere you really enjoyed. So we'll probs just do Rugeley.

Â