Last Set of Accounts

smetrov

The last set of accounts I beleive shows Lamberts first season transfer expenditure (gross) at approximatley £21m - Yet with figures revealed by Lambert suggest it is nowhere near that amount

Can someone - either an ITK such as Hairyhands - or an accountant explain this discrepancy. My hunch is to beleive the figure in the accounts - as these are legally binding - but as ever I am open to any explanation of the discrepancy.

Faulkner also recently stated Lamberts gross spend to date is £42m - again way over what Lambert is suggesting

Maybe Lambert doesn't know how much was spent? He's the manager, not the financial controller.

You should know from the criticism MON received that we expect the manager to be in complete control of finances.

No not complete control just not stupid enough to spend 8million on Warnock and such.

Maybe Lambert doesn't know how much was spent? He's the manager, not the financial controller.

He seems to know the fee's - he's been quoting them in press conferences - trouble is they don't match the figures in the accounts

He seems to know the fee's - he's been quoting them in press conferences - trouble is they don't match the figures in the accounts

Yep. In his words:

“I don’t get involved in any of that, but I know what’s happening,” he added. “I know exactly what the outlay is and everything else that goes on."

You should know from the criticism MON received that we expect the manager to be in complete control of finances.

You'd be hard pushed to find someone on here who doesn't hold Randy at least partially responsible for the reckless spending of the O'Neill era.

• Like 3

You'd be hard pushed to find someone on here who doesn't hold Randy at least partially responsible for the reckless spending of the O'Neill era.

Yep

The vast majority of people on here acknowledge that MON and Randy can both shoulder some of the blame for our overspending.

Neither are solely to blame, and neither are free of blame.

Unfortunately for us, it's the people at either end of the spectrum, those that blame MON entirely and those that blame Randy entirely, that end up shouting at each other on here and drown out the rest of us.

• Like 3

That's what naked me wonder if he does actually know all the financial details of the deals. I'd rather he didn't - his main job is to get the team playing well, not study accounts and balance sheets. Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 1

except of course, the point of this thread is that there seems to be a conflict between what the accounts and the CEO are saying and what Lambo is publicising.

Think Lambo is trying talk up his bargain hunting ability for some reason.

except of course, the point of this thread is that there seems to be a conflict between what the accounts and the CEO are saying and what Lambo is publicising.

Not these conspiracies again...

Not these conspiracies again...

The reasons why are subjective I will grant you. But its there in print, accounts say £21m - Faulkner says £42m over 2 seasons. Lambert is suggesting a significantly lower figure (which seems not to be the case)

The reasons why are subjective I will grant you. But its there in print, accounts say £21m - Faulkner says £42m over 2 seasons. Lambert is suggesting a significantly lower figure (which seems not to be the case)

As briny said - he's the manager, not the financial controller.

If he was angling for another job he'd have no need to specifically come out and dispute the transfer fees as he already has a reputation for being good on a tight budget.

That's what naked me wonder if he does actually know all the financial details of the deals. I'd rather he didn't - his main job is to get the team playing well, not study accounts and balance sheets.

I dared suggest this in the Lambert thread, didn't fare well with some people.

Btw, why are you naked?

• Like 2

That's what naked me wonder if he does actually know all the financial details of the deals. I'd rather he didn't - his main job is to get the team playing well, not study accounts and balance sheets.

I dared suggest this in the Lambert thread, didn't fare well with some people.

Btw, why are you naked?

As metioned above...but just for you

“I don’t get involved in any of that, but I know what’s happening,” he added. “I know exactly what the outlay is and everything else that goes on."

Back on topic - Do we generally accept the higher figures then ? - as these are in a legally binding document - Where as lamberts verbal statements aren't ?  - Whole thing seems bizzarre

Are the figures in the accounts purely transfer fees or do they include agent fees, signing on fees, bonuses, pay offs for players leaving etc?

That's a genuine question. I have no idea. And I don't really care which figure is right to be honest. Just spitballing possible reasons for the difference.

Â