Transfer Speculation (Winter 2014)

Richard

Maybe Everton could be onto something with loaning young Barcelona up and comers.  Let's face it a large number of players graduating from their academy would walk into our team and surely Barca would be happy to loan them out for experience.

Personally of Lambert's signings i'd keep Vlaar and Benteke and ship the rest out as they aren't good enough and start again although I know that isn't going to happen.

I'm still not sure after nearly two years in charge how Lambert wants to play but we need another CB with experience. I'd go for Lescott on loan.

A strong physical combative DM an AM and someone who can put decent crosses into the box if we're going to use Kozak and Benteke as a 'Plan B.' 

Personally of Lambert's signings i'd keep Vlaar and Benteke and ship the rest out as they aren't good enough and start again although I know that isn't going to happen.

I'm still not sure after nearly two years in charge how Lambert wants to play but we need another CB with experience. I'd go for Lescott on loan.

A strong physical combative DM an AM and someone who can put decent crosses into the box if we're going to use Kozak and Benteke as a 'Plan B.' 

So you'd get rid of Guzan? ..... and Okore ?

Some scenarios in my head:

Sign a defensive midfielder who can sit back and cover the centre backs (a young and cheap version of Barry), let Bacuna and Luna play as wing backs and bomb forward, play Delph in a more advanced role. High pressing full backs works for Everton.

Sign an attacking midfielder that can bring balance to side and improve our possession and retention. However, every time is after this sort of player, so it becomes a question of finding the right blend that fits into present budgets.

I didn't include Okore as we really haven't seen much of him yet due to injury so no I wouldn't get rid of him yet until I see what he can do.

I don't really classify Guzan as a Lambert signing as he was previously at the club and before we get into a debate of the why fors on Guzan no-one knows the circumstances of his previous contract with the club. 

I didn't include Okore as we really haven't seen much of him yet due to injury so no I wouldn't get rid of him yet until I see what he can do.

I don't really classify Guzan as a Lambert signing as he was previously at the club and before we get into a debate of the why fors on Guzan no-one knows the circumstances of his previous contract with the club. 

Guzan had left the club and was back in the States when Lambert contacted him. That was stated by Guzan himself.

Guzan had left the club and was back in the States when Lambert contacted him. That was stated by Guzan himself.

What about Guzman?

• Like 3

You'd sell Luna, Lowton, Westwood, Sylla, KEA, Bacuna, Tonev, Helenius, Kozak, Guzan, Okore, Steer, Bowery and Bennett?

All of them? I really don't understand what that would achieve, we'd be back to square one trying to build an entire squad again.

I also don't understand what Lescott on loan for 6 months would do, our defence has been solid so far this season.

Can't see us buying more than one player in January anyway to be fair, if you could get one player, what position would they play?

• Like 1

What about Guzman?

That really annoyed the hell out of me, Quinn constantly getting his name wrong. he's not the only commentator to do it either.

What about Guzman?

That really annoyed the hell out of me, Quinn constantly getting his name wrong. he's not the only commentator to do it either.

I had to turn the volume down in the end, it was either that I I would throw something!

To be fair you haven't seen much of all of this summer's signings either. A few months is hardly long enough to judge. It's funny because you say you'd keep Vlaar but this time last season I doubt you would've said that.

Edited by Mantis

You'd sell Luna, Lowton, Westwood, Sylla, KEA, Bacuna, Tonev, Helenius, Kozak, Guzan, Okore, Steer, Bowery and Bennett?

All of them? I really don't understand what that would achieve, we'd be back to square one trying to build an entire squad again.

I also don't understand what Lescott on loan for 6 months would do, our defence has been solid so far this season.

Can't see us buying more than one player in January anyway to be fair, if you could get one player, what position would they play?

Jesus when you actually look at that list no wonder we've been in a relegation battle and continually playing poor football this season.

No and for a time you didn't want to keep the manager either like myself but we are all allowed to change our mind.

Oh look it's that little tired chestnut.

Read my post. I didn't say you weren't allowed to change your mind - in fact I was demonstrating that it takes time for players to settle in. Vlaar has got a lot better since last season so what's to say some of this summer's signings won't either?

Jesus when you actually look at that list no wonder we've been in a relegation battle and continually playing poor football this season.

We haven't been/aren't in a relegation battle this season though. I'll leave it there, you clearly don't want to have an actual discussion, have fun arguing with Mantis.

• Like 1

Yesterday, in the starting line-up only 5 were players he purchased. Here lies the problem, he had to rebuild a squad on limited resources. We can all spend day and night debating who he should have purchased. But we have bought through the likes of say Clark, Baker, Herd, Weimann, Gabby through our academies, are they really that good? Out of the squad that remained who should we have kept if we're being honest the squad was piss poor. We can say he's spent 43 Million, but 43 million on 14 players equates to about 3million per man which shows the market he is shopping at. He has his faults though, the shape and balance of our team is not right, and to have a lot of your kep performers not firing will cost you as it did yesterday. We have a tough period coming now, and this will be the make or break of Lambert.

• Like 1

Yesterday, in the starting line-up only 5 were players he purchased. Here lies the problem, he had to rebuild a squad on limited resources. We can all spend day and night debating who he should have purchased. But we have bought through the likes of say Clark, Baker, Herd, Weimann, Gabby through our academies, are they really that good? Out of the squad that remained who should we have kept if we're being honest the squad was piss poor. We can say he's spent 43 Million, but 43 million on 14 players equates to about 3million per man which shows the market he is shopping at. He has his faults though, the shape and balance of our team is not right, and to have a lot of your kep performers not firing will cost you as it did yesterday. We have a tough period coming now, and this will be the make or break of Lambert.

I don't think it will make or break Lambert, he is safe as houses in his job. He's done everything he's been asked to do and we've improved steadily. It would be nice if as a measure of gratitude he was allowed to pick out a 'luxury' player but it probably won't happen.

I don't think it will make or break Lambert, he is safe as houses in his job. He's done everything he's been asked to do and we've improved steadily. It would be nice if as a measure of gratitude he was allowed to pick out a 'luxury' player but it probably won't happen.

Make or break with the fans. Alot of fans are sitting on the fence with PL, but its gradually turning against him.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

....maybe he should try shopping elsewhere ? 7 players at approx £6m each would in all likelihood have served us better. Like most things in life, you get what you pay for.

Â