Rocket League

hogso

More thoughts on aerials, maybe hogso can shed some light?

We were wondering what makes an aerial an aerial. Sometimes they count and sometimes they don't.

Stefan thought it might be time in the air, but that can't be it as I got one the other day from a wall jump and I was only in the air for a split second.

Is it height?

• Like 1

My only aerial goals have come from driving high up the side of the wall and jumping off into the ball as opposed to boosting, so I assumed the determining factor was your height when you struck the ball, and the method of gaining said height was immaterial.

• Like 1

Good games last night, even if my ranking did finish lower than when we started!!

Stefan's really got the hang of aerials. I think you're the best out of all of us now (apart from hogso, but he doesn't count)

Now if you could just listen to Jeff's advice about hitting the ball, you'd probably be REALLY good...

165595-your-scientists-were-so-preocc-K8

;)

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

Nah. You and Jono are the best of us who regularly play (again, not including Hogso the veteran)

I think that was clear when you mauled Gareth and I 9-0 or whatever it was!

I think my problem is just defending too much. I seem to only ever score by getting on the end of rebounds that everyone else has missed (which also means I'm usually bombing in at 100mph which makes it pretty easy to miss a shot). When I play on my own I'm a lot more involved in attack, but with you guys it's sort of engrained now that I do the defending!

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â