Rocket League

hogso

In many ways, the worst thing to happen to an online multiplayer game is for it to become popular. They always end up filled with abusive man-children. I still play this fairly often, but a good 50% of the time, in my first or second game of the day I end up teamed up with someone who starts flaming people on their own team for missing the ball, and I just stop playing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

In my first or second game of the day I end up teamed up with someone who starts flaming people on their own team for missing the ball, and I just stop playing.

Yep. 1-0 after a few seconds and the flaming starts, it's pointless.

• Like 1

It's just a game, man. 

Fwiw SARPBC had plenty of dicks who would give up or get mad at the slightest error, so I don't think the popularity thing is really true. 

Plus there's a report button, if people are being really mean to you and/or giving up. 

7 hours ago, Davkaus said:

In many ways, the worst thing to happen to an online multiplayer game is for it to become popular. They always end up filled with abusive man-children. I still play this fairly often, but a good 50% of the time, in my first or second game of the day I end up teamed up with someone who starts flaming people on their own team for missing the ball, and I just stop playing.

I do this all the time.

I mostly play 2v2, but as soon as my teammate flames me I just stop playing. I'll chat to tell him why and then just drive around for the rest of the time doing nothing.

Probably makes no difference, but in my head he might think twice the next time he does it.

• Like 1

Just had a fantastic game. We were 2-0 down, we'd made 3 saves each, and had no shots when they got their second. My team mate was chilled as hell, we were both throwing out compliments on the saves, and Sorrys/No problems on the goals.

We won 3-2 (my hattrick :D) with us only having 3 shots (all in the last minute), and I made 4 saves, he made 6. I'm chalking this down to the power of positivity. The other team were so pissed. :P 

• Like 1

Where are people in the new ranks? I'm hovering around Gold 2, which feels about right, occasionally the best player, occasionally the worst, and there's rarely a complete stomping. I went on a winning streak last night and ended up in Diamond. It was very, very clear that I didn't belong there. :P 

• Like 1

I'm absolutely hopeless at this game but i love it anyway. Has there ever been/ could there be a VillaTalk rocketleague team? I'm up for any game format anytime, if anyone's interested in playing and helping me improve from hopeless to half decent 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep, I was bored after one game last night.
I'm out of my depth when I play with you guys as well now which doesn't help.

We all struggled last night to be honest. I miss our mutator 2v2 games :D

• Like 1

I am rusty as heck now, generally only play when I see a new update is out, or to play a single game of whatever match type online to keep my ranking.

My enthusiasm for the game will never falter though. It seems crazy to think now, but I played SARPBC most days for years, which compared to RL was properly barebones. I'm confident I could go on playing RL for a decade, if not as consistently.

• Like 1

ahem..

I played today 2v2 and got in the gold 3 category, playing with randoms and fell into gold 2 :( 

It's great for a 30 min blast.  Quite liked the drop-out game mode, but only played that twice.

• Like 1

I still love it, I've got a lot worse on the PS4 version after playing the PC though. It's hard to explain, but it's a totally different game. I hate being in Gold I though, the community is terrible until you reach a higher level and people play properly. 

I think I'll still be playing in 2 years time. 

• Like 1

Uninstalled it.

Finding myself playing it for the sake of playing it, when I wasn't enjoying it in the slightest. Toxic community (had a guy play against me because I refused to forfeit at 2-0 down), felt I'd hit a ceiling and was getting worse every game. (missing aerials and shots I was making a year ago easily)

I may get it again on my laptop and start again, but I feel I need a huge break from it, and every time I say that, I end up playing it and getting annoyed over the same shit again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Had the urge to get back in to this recently. Made it to Platinum for all rankings, and I'm pretty content with that. There is not a chance I will ever get close to Diamond. The skill level there is way above me at the moment - and probably will always be.

It might be worth pointing out to those who have loads of crates but never used them - some of the older ones are going to be retired soon. That means they may well generate real world revenue, should you care to sell them. That is, unless Psyonix say that they'll all just disappear from inventories when they are 'retired'.

On 4/24/2017 at 20:51, StefanAVFC said:

Uninstalled it.

Finding myself playing it for the sake of playing it, when I wasn't enjoying it in the slightest. Toxic community (had a guy play against me because I refused to forfeit at 2-0 down), felt I'd hit a ceiling and was getting worse every game. (missing aerials and shots I was making a year ago easily)

This is where I am now. The worst thing about fantastic multiplayer games is that eventually the plebs start to play :P 

I realised that this is the first time since it was free on PS Plus that I haven't played for more than a couple of days, when was that, a couple of years ago? I ended up buying a copy on Steam and a collector's edition, I love it so much, but it's insane that I've got so much playtime out of a game that they gave away for free. 

• Like 1

Â