Rocket League

hogso

New update is out. Neo Tokyo gone, new season and new game mode is out. Anyone on here up for trying it out later? 

I feel obliged to buy some of the new DLC later too to support how they are running this game. I really hope other developers take notice. They are putting them all to shame. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

New update is out. Neo Tokyo gone, new season and new game mode is out. Anyone on here up for trying it out later? 

I feel obliged to buy some of the new DLC later too to support how they are running this game. I really hope other developers take notice. They are putting them all to shame. 

I might be on later

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, villarule123 said:

I thought you were dead! 

Haha nope!

I think I've saturated myself with Rocket League again recently. Play one game and then can't be arsed.

So I've had a break.

Can't guarantee I'll be on later but there's a good chance

• Like 1

Just played a couple of games of dropshot, having gone in without a clue what was happening, to MVP in 2 games. Remarkably quick to pick up and learn the rules of, and pretty good fun. 

On 24/03/2017 at 16:11, hogso said:

Just played a couple of games of dropshot, having gone in without a clue what was happening, to MVP in 2 games. Remarkably quick to pick up and learn the rules of, and pretty good fun. 

Congratulations! I've had a go and not got a clue :huh:

• Like 1

Basically, you want the ball to touch your opponents half, and you don't want the ball to touch yours. 

If your team hits the ball and the it touches their half of the floor arena, you 'damage' it. If you hit the same spot again, a hole will open up through which only the ball can go. This is now the goal.

There's a little more to it, but you'll pick that up as you go. 

Edited by hogso

44 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

I got this free with my PS4 but haven't even played any games yet . From scanning this thread it looks like when Top Gear used to play football with cars ??

It's probably the best multiplayer game ever made.

• Like 2

Just now, Brumerican said:

That's some claim !

I'll have a blast tonight . Doubt I'd be good enough for multiplayer until  around 2019 anyway :D

My advice would be to start against the AI. Maybe try a league season (they're not that long). Play 2v2 at least. When you can comfortably beat a bot on the highest difficulty (it's not that high) then you're probably ready to venture online.

People might say head straight onto online, but I think playing a bit against the AI will get you used to the mechanics at least. That's how I did it anyway.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Clearly Goldeneye is the best multiplayer game ever made but Rocket League is up there.

Nah. Goldeneye might be the most revolutionary, but Perfect Dark immediately improved upon it on the same console.

• Like 1

Â