Midweek football 20/8 - 22/8

villa4europe

results from last night -

Shakhter Karagandy 2 - 0 Celtic

Lyon 0 - 2 Sociedad

PSV 1 - 1 Milan

Plzen 3 - 1 Maribor

tonight's games - fenerbahce v arsenal - Schalke v PAOK - Steaua v Legia - Dinamo v Austria Vienna

and the reason I wanted to start the thread, sociedad's goals last night -

iV70W1Z71PzX4.gif

ikc19lGBsXhZg.gif

• Like 1

yeah seems strange to me that for all the build up about how this will be a really hard game and arsenal were shit at the weekend it was only at kick off that I heard that fenerbahce were 2-0 vs a promoted team at the weekend and lost

arsenal again with a sub for a cut rather than making any attempt to clear it up

just seen this on SSN, he got smashed!

think they said he'd done his teeth and might have cracked his skull

Was it as bad as this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD_0qbUYacw

You still see players wearing bandages on their heads because of wounds received during the game.  I'm sure it's happened to Baker at least once in the last year or two.

I didn't see the Arsenal game or the incident, but it sounds as though it was a little more serious than a clean cut to the head.  As for Clark, I'm assuming that we were concerned about playing for five or more minutes with ten men against Chelsea yesterday, and that he may have been slightly concussed, so Lambert decided to take him off.  It's not like Okore (although making his Premier League debut) is some inexperienced, unknown kid from the reserves.

yeah when I flicked it over to arsenal he had just gone down and had a bit of blood on him and they whipped him straight off, without the benefit of a replay I assumed it was something similar to gibbs at the weekend who was taken straight off too despite it not looking that bad, but it wasn't, he was smashed

Â