AndyClarke

So, after finishing 9th in the Prem (which I thought was pretty good for my first season up with Brighton), my team has now become awful.

I signed Lowton this window, giving me a back four of Buttner, Mensah, Coates and Lowton. All of a sudden, both Lowton and Buttner (who I just named as my captain after he put some really good performances in last season and also the season before when I had him on loan) have got average ratings of about 5.1 after 5 games.

Not sure whether it is a bug or not, but I can no longer defend and my strike partnership of Danny Graham and John Guidetti cannot score to save their lives.

I give up.

Edited by samjp26

So, after finishing 9th in the Prem (which I thought was pretty good for my first season up with Brighton), my team has now become awful.

I signed Lowton this window, giving me a back four of Buttner, Mensah, Coates and Lowton. All of a sudden, both Lowton and Buttner (who I just named as my captain after he put some really good performances in last season and also the season before when I had him on loan) have got average ratings of about 5.1 after 5 games.

Not sure whether it is a bug or not, but I can no longer defend and my strike partnership of Danny Graham and John Guidetti cannot score to save their lives.

I give up.

Thought it might be a bug till I got to the part about Danny Graham not scoring. Definitely working right.

I give up.

Thought it might be a bug till I got to the part about Danny Graham not scoring. Definitely working right.

Bought him in my first Prem season for £1.5m, he bagged 17 league goals, now he can't hit a barn door.

Also, the fans are really annoyed that I bought Van Der Wiel (who I've got competing for the right back spot with Lowton) and John Guidetti. It's really strange.

Edited by samjp26

I give up.

Strange as since I updated, my Plymouth team have become woeful. First match after update I had 2 shots at home but 55% possession. Lost 3-0 to the team in 20th place. Been pretty much the same the next few games too.

My only problem with the CM/FM series is it is only fun when I am winning, like any game. I have even cheated (through the editor) to make Villa far better and played over 20 season (when the players have random names) and really enjoyed it.

Most games are only fun when you're winning, this series is one of them. Unfortunately for me as a Villa fan, Villa will not be that good. So I will lose more than I win, and cannot sign the great player I wish too. That is not fun!

Cheating is the only way I can enjoy FM and that takes the tint away though.

Was amazing back in the day, but really not interested anymore, takes so much time up and I got 2 young girls, so maybe that hasn't helped me!

I give up.

Strange as since I updated, my Plymouth team have become woeful. First match after update I had 2 shots at home but 55% possession. Lost 3-0 to the team in 20th place. Been pretty much the same the next few games too.

It is strange, I've got two tactics that my side have completely mastered and as I've previously said, I was running rings around some of the top teams. I've also now got 4 and a half / 5 stars on all of my training sections.

This is the stuff that annoys me about FM, 2 years of progression and being 'untouchable' in my position, to now murmurs of being sacked, potential relegation candidates and being unable to score a goal. I understand that form is a real part of football but why would my entire team become shit, literally over night (I smashed Ajax and Galatasaray in pre-season).

Edited by samjp26

Are you finding that defenders cannot deal with crosses? It might just be me, I just find my players do not jump and any headers on goal (soft ones) get a reaction from the keeper like it is a bullet header (and it usually goes in top corner, which is strange for a soft header).

Are you finding that defenders cannot deal with crosses? It might just be me, I just find my players do not jump and any headers on goal (soft ones) get a reaction from the keeper like it is a bullet header (and it usually goes in top corner, which is strange for a soft header).

Yeah, although it's not just the fact that my players won't go up for the headers, my full backs literally do not defend at all. They get ran past so easily it's a joke, most of the goals being scored against me are coming from crosses in abundance.

Yeah, although it's not just the fact that my players won't go up for the headers, my full backs literally do not defend at all. They get ran past so easily it's a joke, most of the goals being scored against me are coming from crosses in abundance.

Yeah same here, glad it isn't just me. Must be a bug :(

Â