Jon Brookes (The Charlatans)

NurembergVillan

Just learned that Jon Brookes, drummer with The Charlatans, has lost his battle with a brain tumour and died at the age of 44.

The Charlatans have been my favourite band since I was about 15, and their music has been an inspiration to me.  I'm genuinely really sad to hear the news.  The indie music world is a lesser place without him...

Bloody hell, they've not had a lot of luck have they, what with Rob Collins dying far too young as well.  Great band, Tellin' Stories is one of my favourite albums ever, as it was permanently on when I moved to the North West in the mid-90s.

• Like 2

very sad news, always a weird feeling being saddened by the death of someone you didn't know personally, But when it's someone like this, who was part of a band whose music was a big part of your life they don't feel like someone you knew of, rather then knew.

Edited by mockingbird_franklin

Just learned that Jon Brookes, drummer with The Charlatans, has lost his battle with a brain tumour and died at the age of 44.

The Charlatans have been my favourite band since I was about 15, and their music has been an inspiration to me.  I'm genuinely really sad to hear the news.  The indie music world is a lesser place without him...

16 years old that track.....god that makes me feel old.

Â