Demba Ba

Demitri_C

No-one said he's not good enough.  That's not the same as not wanting him.  It always amazes me what people read versus what is actually written :)

• Like 4

No-one said he's not good enough.  That's not the same as not wanting him.  It always amazes me what people read versus what is actually written :)

People start talking about wages and attitude etc.  Why get concerned with this?  We are led to believe that if the club have changed their approach to fee's, wage's and signing players who fit then we should believe that if Ba signs he meet all criteria. If he doesn't sign he obviously doesn't meet it.

His ability is what we should be concerned about and at the end of the day he is a very good striker.

You lot crack me up.  We just about escape relegation but a Chelsea striker is not good enough for us.

Who they play for is totally irrelevant.

Stephen Ireland - Man City

Shay Given - Man City

Eric Djemba-Djemba - Man Utd

Phil Bardsley - Man Utd

Milan Baros - Liverpool

You get my point

His ability is what we should be concerned about and at the end of the day he is a very good striker.

He is a very good striker but if the only thing we concerned ourselves with was ability irrespective of cost (or age or anything else) then we'd be back where O'Neill had us. Short-term gain for long-term pain. I, for one, am glad Lambert has a longer-term plan for this club. It's been too long in coming and long may it continue. Ba is plenty good for our first team but I don't want him here for plenty of other reasons.
  • Like 1

He is a very good striker but if the only thing we concerned ourselves with was ability irrespective of cost (or age or anything else) then we'd be back where O'Neill had us. Short-term gain for long-term pain. I, for one, am glad Lambert has a longer-term plan for this club. It's been too long in coming and long may it continue. Ba is plenty good for our first team but I don't want him here for plenty of other reasons.

I see where you are coming from and I love Lamberts approach of signing young hungry players.  But don't you think we need some experienced players in the team?

Btw in the O'Neil days the ability of most of his signings was questionable to.

Edited by Amo69

I see where you are coming from and I love Lamberts approach of signing young hungry players. But don't you think we need some experienced players in the team?

Btw in the O'Neil days the ability of most of his signings was questionable to.

We're just not going to sign big club's cast offs on big club's wages anymore. Thankfully.

Just because he's a Chelsea striker doesn't make him amazing. 

I didn't see he is amazing but for the Champions of Europe to even sign him he isn't exactly going to be crap.

Aha  - now I don't think he's crap! I just don't think he's the type of player we're after :3 

He does not fit the current plan

This is why we will not be signing him... Were just as likely to sign Dale Stephens and Kiyotake in a double swoop with them being unveiled by JulieB

Move along....