Demba Ba

Demitri_C

I was talking during the week to a person in London and he seemed to know alot about Ba.  The reason why he is so cheap, regarding a transfer fee, is not really to do with his wages but its because of the cost for a club to insure him.   Apparently its crazy.   

If Lambert wants him, then 18mil plus him for Benteke would be pretty good. 

Nah id rather we get the 25 mill and buy someone alot younger and less injury prone

I doubt he'd even pass the medical anyway

No chance.

I'd take £24m + Marko Marin though. But I think he's just signed for Seville on loan.

Still think Piazon could be a viable option. Chelsea have Mata, Oscar, Hazard, Van Ginkel, De Bruyne and Moses who can play in his positions. He's highly rated and already talking about moving due to lack of playing time. Although he seems to be getting linked with loan moves to Liverpool and Crystal Palace rather than permanent moves.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Lambert won't want him though will he.

That journalist should be fired for complete incompetence. He couldn't even muster the most basic of research.

Totally agree. Villa have made it clear that they will only buy young hungry prospects, who want to play football rather than count their money. Ba is 29, crocked, over paid and will have zero sell on value. What a joke!

That would be a rubbish deal

That's a bit dramatic, don't you think?

That values Ba at 7mil, who's got about 4 years left in him (he's 28). Looking at how many games he's played, it doesn't really paint the 'injury crock' picture either.

That and Ba only moved a little while ago, for £7m, if chelsea snapped him up for £7m and then decide he isn't worth the trouble and try to offload him, on what planet is he still worth £7m?

On that, I'd say Chelsea dont think he's worth it or they'd keep him.  £4m would be fair imo

And I still wouldn't want him.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Richard quite clearly said he was guessing the wages, a reasonable guess as well given the fact he is a first team player at Chelsea. The rest is basic maths based on that assumption and the transfer fee mooted in the article, you yourself have mentioned the same fee.

It is nothing to do with Dougenomics (although I like term) and everything to do with supporting his original opinion with logical reasoning.

• Like 1

Richard quite clearly said he was guessing the wages, a reasonable guess as well given the fact he is a first team player at Chelsea. The rest is basic maths based on that assumption and the transfer fee mooted in the article, you yourself have mentioned the same fee.

It is nothing to do with Dougenomics (although I like term) and everything to do with supporting his original opinion with logical reasoning.

That's not really how it works though - there are transfer budgets and there are wage budgets. Just because we would be paying that much off across four years doesn't mean that our present transfer budget would be affected as a result. 

That's not really how it works though - there are transfer budgets and there are wage budgets. Just because we would be paying that much off across four years doesn't mean that our present transfer budget would be affected as a result. 

Is this a guess or an assumption?

• Like 1

Of course it does.

There's one budget overall. How much money we have. 

This kind of signing is a thing of the past. Surely you can see why?

Now who is guessing? :) I'm inclined to agree there are two budgets but you don't know that any more than Richard knows the figures he admitted he was guessing and you jumped on him for it. I'm inclined to agree there are two different budgets but ultimately they come from the same pot and I think it is reasonable to think both work together, you spend over budget on one and it reduces the other.

It is abundantly clear we are working to a relatively small budget in terms of both these days so an outlay of circa £14m on a 28 year old seems extremely unlikely and not particularly smart business to me.

That would be a rubbish deal

I agree. Demba Ba is a bloody awful player who is overpaid and who goes on long goal droughts. I have no idea how he ended up at Chelsea.

Ba reminds me of Carlton Cole