Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I think with the Euro qualifiers out of the way and La liga coming to an end we will see a bit more action on transfers!

Heres is hoping we will kick off with NRC today and Sneijder early next week :D

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think MON may play him on the left wing with Barry inside him allowing Sneijder to play more freely (very similar to Berger and Maloney did at the end of the season)

I actually think that's the role MON has earmarked for Petrov next season. He played in exactly that position away to Everton earlier last season with McCann & Osbourne in the middle & played excellently that day, getting great praise from MON after the game.

If we're not in for Sneijder we blumin should be! He would easily be our biggest signing of the summer imo a brilliant player.

Lets hope we are and all the paper talk is not lazy stuff started by Baggie Bill.

Also if we get chance talk to him with MON whipping out some magic to talk him round, if its true and Spurs are interested then they only thing i think we would have really is regular football to offer as Spuds have a million midfielder's.

Also i'm not convinced MON even wants him as he see's Petrov in that role!

Come on MON pull it out the bag! :D

Wasnt that the West Spam match Nelson

Nope, Everton away. 4-4-2 with Petrov on the left & Gabby on the right. Petrov played in exactly the same role Berger played in towards the end of the season. Starting position on the left but drifting all over the place in front of the midfield two.

If we're not in for Sneijder we blumin should be! He would easily be our biggest signing of the summer imo a brilliant player.

Lets hope we are and all the paper talk is not lazy stuff started by Baggie Bill.

Also if we get chance talk to him with MON whipping out some magic to talk him round, if its true and Spurs are interested then they only thing i think we would have really is regular football to offer as Spuds have a million midfielder's.

Also i'm not convinced MON even wants him as he see's Petrov in that role!

Come on MON pull it out the bag! :D

Spot on Jez. Mon should get NRC and his agent to tell Sneijder what a massive club Villa are, far bigger than spurs!! :lol: UP THE VILLA!!!!

Sneijder set up 2 of Hollands 3 goals in Thailand last night and Van Der Vaart scored the other, lets just sign one or both of these, quality players.

A double announcement perhaps in the next few days?

maybe 31 August! :)

Surely sooner rather than later to boost ST sales?

Eureka! Carew and Young are getting divorced. Young to marry Reo-Coker instead!

"Tottenham are ready to fight Aston Villa in the hunt for Ajax midfielder Wesley Sneijder and offer £7million for him" - The Sun

Most amusing that they say tottenham are going to fight us for his signature with a £7mil bid, good luck on that one!

Not that the article is all that reliable anyway because it is the sun and they say he is 26 when really he will be 23 is two days! Good work.

A double announcement perhaps in the next few days?

maybe 31 August! :)

Surely sooner rather than later to boost ST sales?

Eureka! Carew and Young are getting divorced. Young to marry Reo-Coker instead!

CYNIC!!! :shock:

Hope I misheard ssn say we have been linked with Marlon Harewood. :shock:

He been released from West Am, a cracking signing! :bang:

Lazy bringing up a link from back in Jan i reckon!

Hope I misheard ssn say we have been linked with Marlon Harewood. :shock:

More SSN tosh...I HOPE!!! My sister in law who is Wet Spam born and bred ACTUALLY thinks he's her favourite out of all their strikers!! I was like WHAT?!!!! :o