• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richards :crylaugh:

Sneijder to villa is wishful thinking

Richards to villa it just plan stupid

Dreamland - MON puts in a cheeky £15million bid for Richards

Reality - Chelsea and Man U not only double but TRIPLE this offer and villa are let to sign an alternative for 3.25 million

I know villa are on the up and we're starting to bring in some big names.... but we aint going to bring in the likes of Richards

Richards :crylaugh:

Sneijder to villa is wishful thinking

Richards to villa it just plan stupid

Dreamland - MON puts in a cheeky £15million bid for Richards

Reality - Chelsea and Man U not only double but TRIPLE this offer and villa are let to sign an alternative for 3.25 million

I know villa are on the up and we're starting to bring in some big names.... but we aint going to bring in the likes of Richards

Only thing is that our £3.25m player wouldn't be the sort of clearing in the woods that swears on a Sunday ay 8pm on BBC1, that was when I knew that Micah Richards would go on to be a complete rocket polisher. You can keep this post for evidence because although he has talent he will never really realise it. I hope proves me wrong but I doubt it, most footballers are thick as pig shit.

Yes, how can we dream of signing a teenager from Man City. Absolutely outrageous. Even if we were to bid 15m Man Utd or Chelsea would bid 45m.

I'm glad there are sensible people here.

Yes, how can we dream of signing a teenager from Man City. Absolutely outrageous. Even if we were to bid 15m Man Utd or Chelsea would bid 45m.

I'm glad there are sensible people here.

Ok... slight exaggeration! But he will go for silly money - 18-22million

But come on... any sensible fan will know that we cant muscle out the likes of chelsea and man utd. I'm just being REALISTIC! We can dream all we like...

I personally think theres way too much hype over him

MON is going to sign upto maybe 8 or 9 players.

There have been quotes of 'Class signings arriving' and i don't disbelieve it.

It feels like e have been linked to 2000 'players' weather its press talk, MON watching someone, signing half the tesco squad etc etc.

..Plus about another 400 odd from Football Manager because they are world beaters on a simulator.

IMHO we are looking at buying some good english talent and some 'class signings' from abroad.

I don't expect ALL 8-9 to be 'World Class'. i guess roughly 3 or 4 of them will be the star signings.

The other will be a combination of good, strong, mixed balance of players that might be british, might be from abroad. some could be late 20's, some very early 20's.

Some might like hotels.. some might play on Xbox's!!.

Its appears to set a 2 group stage in some way of:

--Tier 1 ~ The 3 or 4 'Big Name signings'. = DR, DC, MD, & ST

--Tier 2 ~ The remaining of Good quality backup/rotational players of GK, DL, MC, ML & ST.

(Hence why i have mentioned 2 strikers coming in due to keeping the L.Moore situation in mind. {8-9 players??}).

Id like everyone to set one name to each position of the players in each of the tiers.

Keeping in mind of each choice that

A) It is realistic and there is chance Villa would get him.

B) He would be good enough to be in that tier you allocated him to.

C) Are we already interested / been watching him (to your knowledge!).

My choice as follows would be-

Tier 1

DR - Phillipe Lahm - Bayern Munich

DC - Per Metersacker - Werder Bremen

MD - Wesley Sneijder - Ajax

ST - Fred - Lyon

Tier 2

GK - Craig Gordon - Hearts.

DL - Sylvain Armand - Paris St. German

ML - Samir Nasri - Marseille

MC - Nigel Reo-Coker - Westham

ST - Jermaine Defoe - Tottenham (baring in mind if luke moore stays or not)

Over to you....

so far from celtic this season : didier agathe, chris sutton, stilian petrov, shaun maloney - maloneys looked decent, petrovs shown glimpses but all in all i would seriously question a move for nakamura.

reo coker is undoubtedly a player who can provide much needed bite in midfield combined with the passing ability that maybe gavin mcann lacks at times.

am thinking that even if ajax accepted a bid for sneijder- he would flat out reject us and wait for valencia, roma etc to bid

over all things look bright, just a keeper, a right back and a striker now.......i've heard theres a colombian international scoring goals for fun for NY red bulls!!