Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, not a chance for 4m

Anything source wise you can tell us twirly, without naming names? Maybe the position of the person, at villa or werder??

Yes Tomaszk

A little Irish fella with a twinkle in his eye :lol:

o`neill?that could of just been the light reflecting of his glasses.

Maybe it was Staunton and the twinkle was actually the light hitting the very back of his skull.

Hey if it means us getting Mertesacker then yeah I'll be Eamonn Dunphy - although I probably drink more than him :)

A little Irish fella with a twinkle in his eye

Bertie Aherne?

Or David O'. Dreary having one last laugh at our expense?

In fact the light on the back of his skull comment could equally apply to this feck wit too!

Teamtalk re-hashing what Baggie Bill wrote...

Villa set to revive Sneijder interest

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill will reportedly make a bid for Ajax's Wesley Sneijder after his move to Valencia collapsed.

The Dutch international has made it clear he sees his future away from the Amsterdam ArenA but the Villans will face some tough competition, with Barcelona tipped to show an interest should Portuguese star Deco leave.

The Birmingham Mail claims Villa boss Martin O'Neill watched the 22-year-old in action in the Dutch Cup final and could now make his move after Valencia had three bids of £8million rejected.

Speaking on Monday, Sneijder said: "The only way to break with Ajax is by kicking up a fuss. But that's not my style. This is the moment for a transfer.

"I have been playing in the first team at Ajax for five years. And surely Ajax don't want to let me walk out for free in two years' time?"

However, the Dutch giants are clearly reluctant to lose the midfielder who scored 18 goals in the Eredivisie last season and it would take a huge offer from Villa to force Ajax's hand.

The club's sporting director Martin Van Geel said: "Wesley is 22 years old. I know of his ambitions, but he can easily fulfil these when he's 23, 24 or even 25 years old.''

"We are sorry for him, but we are not unhappy to have Wesley here another year.

"There will always be other options in the future, but for now, there are no tangible contacts with other clubs.

"Luckily, I know Wesley doesn't feel it's a punishment to stay a bit longer in Amsterdam, so in a way nothing is lost."

clicky

The PL itself is the greatest show on earth. Well, according to TV ratings anyway. Therefore more exposure and more sponsorship money.

Being Dutch he wont have to adjust to a new culture or language as he already speaks english and the climate is very similar. He's still very close to home and so on.

There are plenty of pro's.

Teamtalk re-hashing what Baggie Bill wrote...

Villa set to revive Sneijder interest

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill will reportedly make a bid for Ajax's Wesley Sneijder after his move to Valencia collapsed.

The Dutch international has made it clear he sees his future away from the Amsterdam ArenA but the Villans will face some tough competition, with Barcelona tipped to show an interest should Portuguese star Deco leave.

The Birmingham Mail claims Villa boss Martin O'Neill watched the 22-year-old in action in the Dutch Cup final and could now make his move after Valencia had three bids of £8million rejected.

Speaking on Monday, Sneijder said: "The only way to break with Ajax is by kicking up a fuss. But that's not my style. This is the moment for a transfer.

"I have been playing in the first team at Ajax for five years. And surely Ajax don't want to let me walk out for free in two years' time?"

However, the Dutch giants are clearly reluctant to lose the midfielder who scored 18 goals in the Eredivisie last season and it would take a huge offer from Villa to force Ajax's hand.

The club's sporting director Martin Van Geel said: "Wesley is 22 years old. I know of his ambitions, but he can easily fulfil these when he's 23, 24 or even 25 years old.''

"We are sorry for him, but we are not unhappy to have Wesley here another year.

"There will always be other options in the future, but for now, there are no tangible contacts with other clubs.

"Luckily, I know Wesley doesn't feel it's a punishment to stay a bit longer in Amsterdam, so in a way nothing is lost."

clicky

F365 have a similar article. Slow news day all round.

One thing that doesn't make a whole lot of sense though:

If we wanted him, then why would we have waited until his move to Valencia collapsed? Surely we would have been putting our bid in to make sure we got him regardless of what Valencia were trying to do?

Or David O'. Dreary having one last laugh at our expense?

In fact the light on the back of his skull comment could equally apply to this feck wit too!

Hilarious.

Excellent. I have a bookful of those. I'll send you a copy.

Anybody for a Right Back???

BAKARI SAGNA

Sounds a very good prospect, although i admit i don't know much about him.

His Agent is quoted as saying he wants to play in England.

Sky say he's an Arsenal target! But that could be more the press jumping on his agents comments! Arsenal Have Eboue, we have no one!

He's in the French squad, so can't be too bad!

And surely better than Hughes!

On the 606 boards, someone has said that O'Neill has set up a Buiding society account yesterday through his PA. The guy at the building society has then pressed the PA for any information as he is a Villa fan obviously........and she said that MON came home early from holiday (he should have been away this week too) to push a couple of deals through. She said that there were a couple of European targets that MON wanted to bring in to Villa in the next 7 days.

I would hazard that one of these would be Schneider....the other Mertezacker........

No, I know I am excited like the rest of us to see who we get........so I am simply passing this on.

It may be totally wide of the mark.......but then again.....you never know!

Stiliyan Petrov will be a starter next season, of course he will. He is MON's pet and I have no problem with that.

It's like Wenger moving to Barca and bringing Fabregas with him - he would start in front of Xavi and Iniesta.

On the 606 boards, someone has said that O'Neill has set up a Buiding society account yesterday

Thats the best one yet :lol:

Better than the guy claiming to be playing Xbox Live with Cahill's mate who said that Bellend was coming?No way. :lol: