Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we had Mertesacker and Laursen at the back the ball would never touch the floor in our area.

It would reduce the amount of daft goals we concede from set pieces too and I know that does MONs head in more thn anything else.

Werder finished 3rd, which I don't think is CL in Germany. They are traditionally a selling club. As far as I can see, he played all 34 league games for them this season. Hypothetically, he would leave them for us because they tend to sell, we want to buy, the Premiership is the place to be, we are going places, training ground etc etc. The only thing he would stay there for is UEFA Cup.

IMO, not a chance for 4m

Anything source wise you can tell us twirly, without naming names? Maybe the position of the person, at villa or werder??

I think naming the position of the person would drastically increase the chances of the name being obvious would it not?

IMO, not a chance for 4m

Anything source wise you can tell us twirly, without naming names? Maybe the position of the person, at villa or werder??

I think naming the position of the person would drastically increase the chances of the name being obvious would it not?

sshhhhhhhh....

:winkold:

I think the German players fancy the German league almost as much as the English, sometimes even more because of the obvious historic hatred between the nations, you know everything from use of language to intense affairs on the football pitch. They make money over there as well, not on lousy paychecks such as in many French and Dutch teams.

Mertesacker would be great though, I have always fancied him but I guess he was the sort of player to leave for Real Madrid or Liverpool.

I see he has a minimum release clause on FM, is this just random or is it bound to actual facts about contracts etc? It's 10M btw

German fans reckon that he's not the best defensively but he's dangerous at set pieces due to his height.

I remember this during the WC. It was Metzelder who was the solid one and Mertesacker who was the renegade, wasn't it? Anyhoo, I'll leave it to MON. I'm just glad Bramble's gone to Wigan :lol:

koumas wont be £6 mill, its been quoted in mnay places that wba value koumas and kamara at a combined £9 million...

£4-5 mill for koumas would be a great deal. he is a cracking player! he was voted best player in the championship this season, ahead of gareth bale, and nugent...

he played extremely well for the baggies when they were in the prem and i remember everyone saying how he was much too good for the baggies...

he is a very creative midfielder, and we desperately need one of those as Berger is the only player we have who fits this description...

if we cant get sneijder then koumas would be a very welcome back up. would love to see him at the villa personally....this bloke has already looked awesome everytime ive been down to watch him (most my family are albion fans so when villa are away i tend to go down and watch the albion instead) and if he can look good playing for them then i cant wait to see what he is like playing with much better players at the villa...

my dream signings would be gordon, Geremi, NRC, Sneijder and Bent. Thats about £40 million there..

more realistically i think we'll get Gordon, Luke Young, NRC, Koumas and Defoe. Thats about £25-30 mill and would still give us a vastly improved squad. I would be evry happy with either....add in metzeder and weve got a real shot at the top 6 with that squad...

IMO, not a chance for 4m

Yes Tomaszk

A little Irish fella with a twinkle in his eye :lol:

o`neill?that could of just been the light reflecting of his glasses.