Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Belinda once sang:

"Circle in the sand, Round and round"

Anyway, I'd like Barton as a player, not sure about his luggage, though. If we sign him I'm confident that MON is confident that he'll sort his problems out. I don't think MON is the kind of manager who takes risks with this kind of players.

And I guess there's been 4 more posts between mine and KKRs respons to Richards article about Barton which was the last one I read before posting this, 2 being about anything but transfers. No, wait, 5.

Edit: Missed out on the 2 not being about transfers, otherwise I'd be right.

Would the Barcodes have sold Parker without getting Barton as a replacement?

As far as i understand it there is only a bid on the table for parker, of £8.5mil. Newcastle have not accepted yet, right?

I do not rate Barton and am yet to be convinced that he is any better than Hendrie is either now or when the prange one was Bartons age

Well when city stuffed us at Villa Park this year he was their best player and bossed midfield.

As far as i understand it there is only a bid on the table for parker, of £8.5mil. Newcastle have not accepted yet, right?

West Ham are believed to be close to sealing a £7m deal for Newcastle captain Scott Parker after fighting off late interest from Tottenham.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury held late-night talks with Parker's representatives following Spurs' move.

Parker is reportedly set to meet West Ham officials on Thursday after a fee was agreed with the Magpies.

From the Beeb

I do not rate Barton and am yet to be convinced that he is any better than Hendrie is either now or when the prange one was Bartons age

Well when city stuffed us at Villa Park this year he was their best player and bossed midfield.

Well I actually dont agree with that to be honest, but there you go opinions opinions.

Gonna have to disagree with you there Rich, I think that Barton under the right Manager could become an awesome player, better than he is at Man City now. Whether MON wants to take a chance, only time will tell.

West Ham are believed to be close to sealing a £7m deal for Newcastle captain Scott Parker after fighting off late interest from Tottenham.

Hammers chief executive Scott Duxbury held late-night talks with Parker's representatives following Spurs' move.

Parker is reportedly set to meet West Ham officials on Thursday after a fee was agreed with the Magpies.

From the Beeb

I see i see. Well looks like Parker is off then so its either going to be a battle between us and the toon for Barton unless they have someone else in mind for replacing Parker. If they do then he is ours.

Well I actually dont agree with that to be honest, but there you go opinions opinions.

.. and IMO also was the best player on the pitch by a country mile that night.

I would be happy if we signed barton the player. Would I be happy if we signed barton the person? Hmm... In MON we trust I guess. A move to a new club might calm him down and as he gets older he might develop some common sense, or he might just tear berger a new one on the training ground.

Edite: 600th post!! Where does the time go.

I do see that Barton is rated by a lot of people though, just yet to be convinced myself

I also think his baggage may hinder him. He is prone to that many wind ups from opposition players and fans that he may not last every game

Fair enough, i thought he was great that game, but one things for sure and that is he would be a great replacement for McCann.

Id love barton to sign cus when he played for city at villa park earlier in the season he was immense!!!

a bargain at the money and he will retain a value if he played up... sort of a no lose in my eyes!!!

It's a shame that threads like this always degenerate into a "WHY HAVEN'T WE SIGNED ANYONE YET?" mess.

Some people really have no sense of proper persepective on life, or football.

Nobody has said that? What the hell are you going on about? It's a 'Suggestions' thread aswell.

Oh by the way, what's the scenario going to be if we do buy Bellamy or another striker? All 4/5 of our strikers are worth a first team start

Id love barton to sign cus when he played for city at villa park earlier in the season he was immense!!!

a bargain at the money and he will retain a value if he played up... sort of a no lose in my eyes!!!

Till he starts smashes his teammates in the face, stubbing cigars in their eyes, etc

Let's face it Parker, NRC and Barton are involved in a transfer triangle. If Parker goes the destination of the other two will be resoved quickly.

As for which one to Villa - You have NRC and Barton, two players who have 'baggage' and rumours surrounding them. Therefore, it's down to ability. My own opinion is Barton is superior, he has a physique more suited to midfield, height and scores more goals. Under the right manager I think he could be a great player.