Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

... GlastonSpur said that the deal for Bent was 95% done - that was weeks ago too! ...

Just a slight correction: I didn't say the deal was 95% done, I said that I was 95% certain he'll sign for Spurs (this remains my view) - there's a difference between the two things.

However, we are now around 2 weeks further on from my earlier posting, and I believe there's a good chance that a deal may be publicly announced sometime before the end of next week.

Here's hoping that my moving to correct a slight misrepresentation of what I previously said won't attract any great degree of hostility .

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

... GlastonSpur said that the deal for Bent was 95% done - that was weeks ago too! ...

Just a slight correction: I didn't say the deal was 95% done, I said that I was 95% certain he'll sign for Spurs (this remains my view) - there's a difference between the two things.

However, we are now around 2 weeks further on from my earlier posting, and I believe there's a good chance that a deal may be publicly announced sometime before the end of next week.

Here's hoping that my moving to correct a slight misreprentation of what I previously said won't attract any great degree of hostility .

I have no hostility to a historically only a cup team with a small stadium whose always been in the shadows of it's nearest neighbours :winkold:

Just sit back and relax folks, enjoy the ride.

I´m sure that when the transfer window shuts on sept 1st, I will be absolutley delighted with the players Martin has brought to our beloved club.

Oh dear imagine if Bent signed for Spuds, that would piss off a fair few...

Its gone quiet with Bent because he has gone on holiday and wanted to sort it all on his return.

Dont you lot think MON and co could be following Man Utd`s lead re Nani and Anderson and doing things quietly i.e. arranging a deal behind closed doors rather than shouting from the rooftops about it before its done?? MON doesnt strike me as the type of man who wants everyone knowing his business and Mr Lerner seems to be the same, unlike our very good friends at Upton Park.

stop moaning(and yes you are moaning) do you really think since the season has ended that mon has been drinking tea and playing scrabble?just because its not in the news doesnt mean we are not trying to sign top players if you really believe o`neill and his staff have not been doing anything in the last 2-3 weeks you are retarted did you not learn anything about how mon operates in january?

if you really believe o`neill and his staff have not been doing anything in the last 2-3 weeks you are retarted

A little harsh calling people retarted (retarded is what I think you meant) dont you think? Some people just see what other clubs are doing and think they all run the same way.

if you really believe o`neill and his staff have not been doing anything in the last 2-3 weeks you are retarted

A little harsh calling people retarted dont you think? Some people just see what other clubs are doing and think they all run the same way.

i dont think its harsh can they not use their brains and just come to the conclusion that we are after different players or look at january and see how mon did it all behind the scenes and we got ashley young who was arguably the hottest property back in jan?Instead they seem to just see a chance to moan and since doug is gone now i suppose they relish every chance they get.

Yawn. Backtrack to mid January when various villa sites were approaching meltdown because we hadn't signed anybody. Some thought the end of the world was nigh..... Then we signed Carew and Young.

Have faith in MON and Randy as precedent suggests that they will deliver. Also we have approximately 3/4 weeks before preseason even begins.

I also still see us in the market for SWP. MON is clearly a massive fan, and when he wants to get someone of that ability, he'll continue until he gets him. (Strikes me as that kinda fella). The news that Roman is going to continue spending at Chelsea can only help Villa for his signature as Mourinho will have the funds to replace him. 10mill should see us sign him.

I'm still very confident of us obtaining both Bent and SWP - SWP's especially.

would love us to go back in for SWP. unfortunately he started playing after january, and playing well. but at the same time it reaffirmed what a class player he still is. but with Abramovic saying he isnt going to throw money at the club anymore, maybe a bid of 10m could persuade them?