Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Oh claret and blue specs on i see, if Gardner is so good then we better brace ourselves for Man Yoo and Arsenal to come and buy him, as what happened with NRC last summer!
Gardner seems to have a much higher opinion of Villa than you Jez and when the big clubs do come knocking he'll turn them down.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Gardner is better than reo-coker,why hasn't he been looked at for the England U21's?I'm all for supporting villa players but its mad to say gardner is better than Reo-Coker who has been quality in the last three or four years at first team level as well as captaining the U21's.Gardner had a good end to the season but he's hardly set the world alright, think some people have got a little carried away with how good he actually is or can be.

NRC didn't move because West Am rejected both bids.

If Gardner is better at a younger age then i am sure plenty of clubs will want to buy him right now being younger and all. Any interest for him? Any sign of him in the Eng under 21 or even captaining it? Yes i'm sure all of that is because he plays in London, how silly of me!

Gardner is better than NRC then, thanks for pointing out my claret and blue specs need cleaning. suspect.gif

If Gardner is better than reo-coker,why hasn't he been looked at for the England U21's?I'm all for supporting villa players but its mad to say gardner is better than Reo-Coker who has been quality in the last three or four years at first team level as well as captaining the U21's.Gardner had a good end to the season but he's hardly set the world alright, think some people have got a little carried away with how good he actually is or can be.

You know, youll have to ask Pearce, but he should be there, in the starting team.

OT, why is Reo-Coker in the squad, hes defo over 21??

If Gardner is better than reo-coker,why hasn't he been looked at for the England U21's?

Because the manager of the England U21s in an incompetant waste of space. Anton Ferdinand plays for them ahead of Cahill, does that make him better?

Downing plays for England ahead of Barry, does that make him better?

Reo-Coker was quality for Wimbledon/MK Dons and then quality for West Ham in the Championship and then quality again for them in the Premiership. Gardner certainly isn't as good as NRC just yet, and hasn't done as much in his career. That's not to say he can't become as good a player.

[Gardner seems to have a much higher opinion of Villa than you Jez

Oh really, how did your figure that out?

Right everyone, dont say another player is better than a Villa player, it means you dont have a high opinion of Villa, jesus :roll:

If Gardner is better at a younger age then i am sure plenty of clubs will want to buy him right now being younger and all. Any interest for him? Any sign of him in the Eng under 21 or even captaining it? Yes i'm sure all of that is because he plays in London, how silly of me!

Why is Jenas ahead of Barry again? Could it be he plays in London?

NRC is better than Gardner.

For once i agree with you :lol: , i mean i wasn't a fan of young Craig at all but he's certainly done well at the end of the season, but let's get real folks he's only started around 6 or 7 games last season so to suggest he's better than Nigel is well over the top, he hasn't played a whole match against the big guns yet, Nigel at 17 was knocking in belters for Wimboldon in the first division so he's got a lot of experiance for one so young, personally i'd prefer us to get Manuel Fernandes who is around the same age as Craig and is miles better without doubt.

Right everyone, dont say another player is better than a Villa player, it means you dont have a high opinion of Villa, jesus :roll:

To be honest, you don't. You never think anyone is going to join. You're the most negative poster on this board, and some people still haven't clocked onto this and ignore you, but never mind. (Sorry if that's me being a dick, but it just seems when this thread goes off topic, it's because you've stirred it up.)

This is a transfer thread, not a Craig Gardner vs NRC thread.

Stuart Pearce?

I have watched Gardner play dozens of times for the academy, reserves and first team and I along with a number of other "reserve afficionados" have been saying for some considerable time that he could become a Villa legend. So my judgement is based on longterm experience and not just a knee jerk reaction.

If Gardner is better at a younger age then i am sure plenty of clubs will want to buy him right now being younger and all. Any interest for him?

I'm fairly sure that Gardner were available for the £450,000 that West Ham paid for him at that age then there would be an awful lot of interest.

Maybe the fact that there is lots of interest in one player but nothing another is affected by factors other than the quality of the player? Their availability perhaps?

Manchester Utd decided to sign Ji-Sung Park and not Gareth Barry. So by the same logic, that must mean that Park is better than Barry.

I have a slightly more sophisticated system of deciding how good a player is than how many caps he has for an U21 side or if Man Utd have noticed him and made a bid to be honest.

Also, I have been watching Gardner in reserves for a year or two and have formed my opinion on that. And I am sure he is a better player now, if not as experienced. I dont recall seeing NRC smashing volleys in after making perfectly timed runs and playing in several positions when called upon.

Come to think of it, I've never seen NRC doining anything of note particularly. A good player but limited. Gardner has awesome potential. One day you might notice.

If Gardner is better at a younger age then i am sure plenty of clubs will want to buy him right now being younger and all. Any interest for him?

I'm fairly sure that if he were available for the £450,000 that West Ham paid for him at that age then there would be an awful lot of interest.

Maybe the fact that there is lots of interest in one player but nothing another is affected by factors other than the quality of the player? Their availability perhaps?

Manchester Utd decided to sign Ji-Sung Park and not Gareth Barry. So by the same logic, that must mean that Park is better than Barry.

No but he sells shirts in asia ;)

To be honest, you don't. You never think anyone is going to join. You're the most negative poster on this board, and some people still haven't clocked onto this and ignore you, but never mind. (Sorry if that's me being a dick, but it just seems when this thread goes off topic, it's because you've stirred it up.)

How the hell did i take it OT?? I didn't start the Gardner is better than NRC debate, i was just saying i disagree!

I happen to think lots will join Villa, not some of the ridiculous suggestions which are branded around but plenty will join!

Are Villa going to sign Henry? Don't say no otherwise your putting Villa down and being negative! :roll:

Now go and put your toys back in your pram!

No it's not, but if there are rumours about villa buying NRC, doesn't he have the right to say he feels we need him because he thinks Gardner isn't better :roll: