Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MON wants McShane, what ya gonna do...?

exactly we have to accept that its likely he is.........ive never seen the guy play so dont have an opinion

but like i said earlier

if i had to put a bet on our first signing

it would be Mcshane in the next week or so now that brom have stayed down

I'd be very surprised if we brought in 10 players.

Have we ever done that, by the way? I was just thinking Big Ron might have in 1991?

90/91 close season - Cox, Penrice, Davis, Regis, Atkinson, Ehiogu, Sealey, Mortimer, Teale

91/92 close season - Richardson, Staunton, Kubicki, Parker, Farrell, Barrett, Bosnich, Berry, Houghton

Both seasons 9 in. In '91 close season we sold 10 players so actually reduced the squad size. In '90 we sold 5.

Didn't Regis, Atkinson, Mortimer, Teale, Richardson and Staunton make their debuts at Sheff Wed?! I'm positive they weren't signed a year apart.

McShane has been impressive playing for Ireland, and I'd venture that he's one of the reasons WBA are in a playoff position in the first place. He has youth on his side and is no-nonsense. For the right money I'd say yes, but I do think there are other positions more of a priority and I do think he'll be nothing more than a squad player.

SO anyone gonna give McShane a chance if we sign him, or is he just shit full stop and never going to be anygood? :roll:
i agree i havent seen him over a whole season so i will just trust o`neill not say hes shit because he had a average game today.i would take koumas and kamara.

I'd be very surprised if we brought in 10 players.

Have we ever done that, by the way? I was just thinking Big Ron might have in 1991?

90/91 close season - Cox, Penrice, Davis, Regis, Atkinson, Ehiogu, Sealey, Mortimer, Teale

91/92 close season - Richardson, Staunton, Kubicki, Parker, Farrell, Barrett, Bosnich, Berry, Houghton

Both seasons 9 in. In '91 close season we sold 10 players so actually reduced the squad size. In '90 we sold 5.

Didn't Regis, Atkinson, Mortimer, Teale, Richardson and Staunton make their debuts at Sheff Wed?! I'm positive they weren't signed a year apart.

I thought that. I mean, Staunton got the winner at Wednesday.

I was certain, after the 91/92 season, Ray Houghton was the only addition, maybe Bosnich too.

Latest on Boruc. (possibly)

Norwegian press is reporting that Celtic has been scouting Fredrikstad's Remi Shaaban for a while. Due to his superb form in the latest games they conclude that Celtic must be impressed with the former Arsenal KEEPER, although no bid has been reported yet.

Do they need to replace someone maybe? :winkold:

I think we are going to sign Klaas-Jan Huntelaar, just a feeling

That would be a Klaas signing...

I think we may wait until the next window however... 8)

Xela I went to soccerbase.com, typed in Aston Villa and went to their transfers for previous seasons.

Damn soccerbase then!

Aston Villa's transfers in 1991/1992

Players in

Cyrille Regis Coventry Free 02-07-1991

Dalian Atkinson Sociedad £ 1600000 11-07-1991

Ugo Ehiogu West Brom £ 40000 12-07-1991

Les Sealey Man Utd Free 19-07-1991

Paul Mortimer Charlton £ 350000 24-07-1991

Shaun Teale Bournemouth £ 300000 25-07-1991

Kevin Richardson Sociedad £ 450000 06-08-1991

Steve Staunton Liverpool £ 1100000 07-08-1991

Dariusz Kubicki Legia Warsaw £ 200000 28-08-1991

Parker, Bozzy and Barrett came in during the season and Houghton the follwoing summer.