Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we got a central defender why not Curtis Davies?

Big upgrade from Liam Ridgewell and English too.

an excellent choice if we are looking at potential but we should be looking for experience now.

Agreed and we still are in need of real leadership qualities too!

No way we're paying 12 mill for bellamy.10mill would be a stretch already.6mill would be fair.I don't see why his value has increased while he was playing for liverpool.he hasn't exactly been prolific or done much good.

Because every deal will be over the odds this summer with all the extra money coming into the premiership. £30m guaranteed for each club is going t odrive up the costs especially when miost clubs are chasing a similar pool of players

If we got a central defender why not Curtis Davies?

Big upgrade from Liam Ridgewell and English too.

an excellent choice if we are looking at potential but we should be looking for experience now.

Wrong, we should be looking for both.

We have experience in the right places IMO. Mellberg/Laursen, Barry and Carew. If they're good enough age is irrelevant.

Not so sure that I'd want Bellamy. If we sign him he will surely be in the "I trust MON on this even if I'm not so conviced of Bellamy myself"-bracket for me. But no way he's gonna cost £12m. and from that quote Roca posted it doesn't feel like he's on his way here. But there are loads of strikers that I rather want. Fabiano? Well, maybe. Haven't seen enough of him so I can't say too much.

Just have to say one thing about Zlatan, though. Don't like the guy and he definitely had a piss poor WC, but to say he's overrated is totally wrong, IMHO. He plays for Inter who won the Serie A and he's considered to be the most important player in the team according to most italian newspapers. So maybe not so overrated.

Toffees join Villa in hunt for Taylor

Everton have reportedly joined Aston Villa in the hunt for Portsmouth's £5million-rated left-back Matt Taylor.

Villa boss Martin O'Neill has identified the Pompey defender as a potential summer signing after allowing Jlloyd Samuel to join Bolton when his Villa Park contract expires.

Reports at the weekend suggested Villa had opened talks with Taylor, who can also play on the left-hand side of midfield and would provide competition for places with Wilfred Bouma and Gareth Barry.

But Taylor, who scored twice against Villa this season, is also attracting the attention of Toffees manager David Moyes who may be tempted to offload Nuno Valente in the summer.

Pompey boss Harry Redknapp could be tempted to let Taylor leave if the price is right to fund a club record £7million deal for Udinese midfielder Sulley Muntari.

Redknapp signed Hermann Hreidarsson from Charlton last week and admitted he is likely to use the Icelandic defender at left-back, prompting speculation he could be willing to let Taylor leave.

Liverpool and Spurs have also been linked with Taylor, who has established a reputation for scoring spectacular long-range goals.

Clicky

Looking at the Bellamy article, i cant see anything beeing negative versus a Villa move. In fact he confirms he has heard the rumours aswell.

Personally i think this is a problem, as i wouldnt want the bastard for a bargain price. Filthy, cheating, whining prick.

One thing that bother me a bit is that we're not linked with any RB or RW so far, and those are hte positions that we need to fill most, IMO. Especially rb. Or am I wrong in that we haven't been linked with any? Ok, Jagielka can play rb but isn't he a central player first?

Looks like Bellend doesnt want to come here from that article Roc posted, shame ;)

Yeah that is such a shame 8)

However, what is happening with Darren Bent? No rumors and links, if I was seriously keen to bring him in then I would act quickly.... I reckon we aren't so that's a shame but isn't he a cert for a certain unpopular club on here? Guess not..

Looking at the Bellamy article, i cant see anything beeing negative versus a Villa move. In fact he confirms he has heard the rumours aswell.

Personally i think this is a problem, as i wouldnt want the bastard for a bargain price. Filthy, cheating, whining prick.

Agreed, and as reports say that Liverpool want £12m for him, they can bog enough.

I just can't see what he'd add to the team. He's not an out and out striker, nor a winger. Gabby's easily as quick as he is, if not quicker, and looks to be a better finisher. I'd say the same about Luke Moore. Ashley Young is a better winger, and Maloney looks just as useful as well.

If we're after another striker then it needs to be someone's who's guaranteed to be deadly in front of goal, like Darren Bent. Spending £10m plus on another quick striker who's a 10 goal a season man isn't going to improve us.

Bellamy just wouldn't add enough to the team to warrant the sort of money Liverpool are asking, and the fact that he's a complete arsehole needs to be factored in as well.

Looks like Bellend doesnt want to come here from that article Roc posted, shame ;)

However, what is happening with Darren Bent? No rumors and links, if I was seriously keen to bring him in then I would act quickly.... I reckon we aren't so that's a shame but isn't he a cert for a certain unpopular club on here? Guess not..

Thought he'd signed for them ages ago. No? Allright, maybe it wasn't that done deal after all...

If he's the player that manager wants, it would indeed be a shame that he didn't want to come here. No sarcasm necessary.

Calm down, thats why i put a wink! I agree if MON wants him thats fine still doesn't mean i have to like him!

I dont think we have ever been rumoured to even want Bent, its more wishful thinkin on here by a few...

Might be wrong anyone got an old link?

We have a recent history of getting very late into the transfer market. Late July seems to be the date for our first signing for some reason, let's hope it changes this time around.

Well, forgetting last season (for obvious reasons), I seem to remember that Hughes was signed in May the previous summer, as was Laursen the summer before that.

We have a recent history of getting very late into the transfer market. Late July seems to be the date for our first signing for some reason, let's hope it changes this time around.

Oooo better edit that, otherwise you will be accused of moaning too early :wink:

True though thats why its alittle frustrating, as you said also lets hope we are quicker this year :)