Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

... Spurs? ... they've added a 17 year old untested left back to one of the worst defences in the league, i can't see Bale making much difference to it ...

Just a small factual correction: In terms of defenders we've also signed Younes Kaboul (centreback, French U-21 captain). It's not been announced officially yet because the La Ligue season doesn't finish until this weekend.

Oh no not another "factual correction" :roll: , he hasn't signed yet so it's not a "fact" and furthermore Jol waxed lyrical about Dawson being your 'player of the year' and he's hardly gonna drop King so for me there won't be much changes to your obviously leaky defence.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i think bellamy would be a good addition to the squad, i don't think his temper will particularly be a problem as we've already seen MON doesn't take any shit (i.e. patrik berger) however i would definitely not want us to pay £12mill for him, that is WAY over the top in my opinion. if we could get him for £8mill or so i say go for it, can you imagine how many defenses would crap themselves at the sight of bellamy and carew running towards them?

i definitely think he could do well under MON for the villa, but if we were asked to pay £12mill i'd say the money would be much better spent elsewhere

Spurs are about 2 games in front of us. Beat them twice next season and we will finish above them. Any way, I don't care about the big Spurs debate I just want to read about Villa transfers/rumours on this thread.

Agreed, I really couldn't give a toss how great spurs are and who they have signed. I just can't wait for it to go tits up for them next season.

(wrong thread I know)

Spurs are about 2 games in front of us. Beat them twice next season and we will finish above them. Any way, I don't care about the big Spurs debate I just want to read about Villa transfers/rumours on this thread.

I never thought this day would come, ever, but i agree with you!! :clap:

I've edited much of this post. Myself and most other Villa fans really couldn't care less who spurs have signed and how great they are. There is a thread in OT for you to do the five fingered Spuds shuffle if you so wish - ahamaad

Anyhow, back on topic, of all the rumoured/possible signings for Villa so far, who do Villa fans regard as the most likely signing - regardless of whether or not the player concerned is rated by the fans?

Two things on the Bellemy price

1. We do not know that he would cost 12M

2. We do not know that we are prepared to pay that

Thanks

It was a theory, please note important words IF and WHY NOT.

Thanks {:roll: © CyberVillan}

Thanks

Please note that my earlier comments may not necessarily have been just for you but others who seem to think that 12M is cast in stone

Thanks

When MON became manager a few good Celtic fans came on the site and said that he will sign players that we may think are not worthy of the club, that he will frustrate us by not even dropping the tiniest of hint of who we sign, that he will not hesitate in signing players we do not like, but that in, I quote, 'the Messiah' we should trust.

I don't give a flying **** about the fee, IF MON thinks player A, B, C or XYZ is good enough I will trust him. I always felt Petrov would take a good season to settle. I am surprised Maloney has settled so quick, mind he is english speaking as his natural language so I can understand. Ashley Young's form dipped due to expectation and the shift of moving to a bigger club. Carew has found it easy, but Norwegian players, like most scandanavians, settle into the english way of life easily, and he's been at enough big clubs to know what its all about.

I have full confidence in MON to bring in players that, whatever level, he can get the best out of. Players seem to really raise their game for him.

The mid[season blip? Well I put that down to small squad, the overhang of DOL, and well I would say the lack of a FULL preseason. And it's a dignificance that whilst Laursen was playing we never lost.

Sorry to ramble a bit, but I look at 12m for Bellamy and yes whilst I find it a piss take by the redscouse, I won't moan if MON and Randy pay it to get him. Why? Because he would be who MON wants. Pure and simple

Thanks

Please note that my earlier comments may not necessarily have been just for you but others who seem to think that 12M is cast in stone

Thanks

Try quoting then no misunderstandings will be made

Thanks

Clicky linky

Gareth Barry is backing Craig Bellamy to help take Aston Villa "onto the next level" if he completes a summer move from Liverpool.

Bellamy is one of Villa boss Martin O'Neill's leading targets as part of an expected spending spree bankrolled by owner and chairman Randy Lerner.

There is intense speculation that the Wales international, who worked under O'Neill during a loan spell at Celtic two years ago, will become surplus to requirements at Anfield after just one season.

And O'Neill will be at the front of the queue bidding for Bellamy's signature if Rafael Benitez is ready to off-load the striker.

Barry said: "I'd definitely welcome Craig Bellamy. He has proved himself in the Premier League - and across Europe as well.

"People like Craig Bellamy are the kind of quality players we want to be linked with and, if we sign them, it's even better. We're now being linked with all the top players and hopefully this summer we can sign a couple.

"The next step for the club is to move on to the next level, which is European football, and Craig Bellamy can help us do that if he comes or if players of that quality come as well.

"He's feisty but maybe that's something the club needs. You need winners in your team and he is definitely one of those."

Barry was reassured by O'Neill that quality players would be on the agenda this summer after agreeing to sign a new four year contract.

He said: "When I had a chat with the manager at the beginning of the season, assurances were made that we would be signing quality players.

"I've got faith in the manager and the chairman-owner that we can take the club forward. I believe in them and the fans do as well."

On a personal note Barry was pleased with his performance for England 'B' in a central midfield role and set up the opening goal for Alan Smith in a 3-1 win over Albania at Turf Moor.

He said: "The main thing was the team performance but to play in central midfield for the first time at international level was very enjoyable.

"I felt very comfortable. Any position is going to be tough to force my way into with England but I've played other positions for my country and settled in very well.

"It's another position that the manager can think of me for in terms of cover or if he needs me to play so it can only add strength to my claims."

When players talk about other players coming there has to be something behind it. Maybe this is the team telling us that they are not as worried as us about the disruptive nature of Bellemy?

Also, it say's to me that Bellamy has spoken to a few of the Villa players too.

Breaking news............

Reo Coker has asked for a transfer from West Ham.

like stewieks attitude suggests.... i wont be upset if we sign him

i personally wouldnt want him at villa

but if MON thinks he will benefit us then so be it