Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I see Jussi Jaaskelainen is the subject of a £2m bid from Sunderland as he is in his last year of his contract, would he not be a cheaper yet still fantastic signing compared to Gordon and Boruc - of which I'd love to see here also.

I also see Ribery looks set to go to Bayern for £10m - a team that didn't qualify for te Champions League and is in an inferior league to us - Maybe we could bid?! Seems tied up though.

Another interesting one was Eidur Gudjohnsen to Sunderland also.

All these rumours come courtesy of the rumours page on the BBC.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's a school ffs?

They train on a schools field, though I thought it was University facilities.

But he is correct in his statement, last I heard they don't actually have their own training ground, yet we have one of the BEST in the WORLD.

Hmmm.

I'll bet anyone hear that if we sign Bellamy for £6m, he'll score more in the Prem than Torres!

Assuming they both sign - you're on. £10, proceeds to VT

:clap:

Deal!

Evernot? Nope

Spuds ? Nope they have Bale

Barcodes ? Nope too far north

Everton-Spurs-Newcastle links. The staple diet of every lazy journalist. Spot on Richard. Bale, location, and not wanting to be bored stiff playing for everton leaves just us. What I dont get is that there isn't much difference between oxford-bodymoor heath and oxford-pompey training ground.

I'll bet anyone hear that if we sign Bellamy for £6m, he'll score more in the Prem than Torres!

Deal!

When Torres joins a top team he'll be catapulted into the top 5 strikers in the world. I believe you will lose that bet.

Deal!

When Torres joins a top team he'll be catapulted into the top 5 strikers in the world. I believe you will lose that bet.

I watch a lot of La Liga and as good as Torres is I really do think he is the most over-rated striker in the world and will never be as good as people make out.

I wouldn't mind joining that wager myself backing Bellamy of course.

seconded amo i think Torres is over-rated. He just wastes oppertunities and falls over a lot. HE only scores that many per season (which isn't may) because they always hoof the ball to him

seconded amo i think Torres is over-rated. He just wastes oppertunities and falls over a lot. HE only scores that many per season (which isn't may) because they always hoof the ball to him

I think he'll be the same as Eto'o. Join a top team and he'll truly shine IMO.

I think he'll be the same as Eto'o. Join a top team and he'll truly shine IMO.

Eto'o truly shone when he was playing for Mallorca and has maintained a high level at Barça.

Torres plays for a supposedly big Spanish club and he has played a number of games for Spain. Maybe he will shine if you surround him with superior players. He certainly seems to have no effect on the presumably inferior players that have surrounded him up to now.

Oh all right. He finally had a couple of half-decent games in the World Cup a year ago, which everybody saw.

Eto'o shines, and consistently. Torres may one day.

You see, "they train on a school" isn't English.

It is if they actually train on the school. Like the roof or something.

School is the name of the entity as a whole, including the grounds, hence my comment.... :roll:

You see, "they train on a school" isn't English.

It is if they actually train on the school. Like the roof or something.

Well yes. And it's "they train under the school" if they train in a gym in the cellar. :lol:

Portsmouth football club perform physical excercise to prepare them for there occupational activities within the boundries of an educational domain, most likely the grass topped area which is used for recreational activities