Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I disagree, Jez. I really feel they are in the "Carew" bracket. Class players who we wouldn't normally expect to look twice at us. If we offer em first team football, very attractive wages and the opportunity to join a club on the up... it could happen!

Wait and see job then ;) Think they are only just out of reach :)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 new rumours on sky sports "your view" one is kewell to sign after medical and bent to sign for 10million

:lol: add up all the 'Your View' rumours and i think Villa would have signed the whole premiership!

from sky sports your view

I work for Aston Villa and Harry Kewell is due in next week to sign subject to a medical

Ross Griffiths - Birmingham

I don't know but if you work for aston villa i don't think you're allowed to say this :roll: :D

I don't know but if you work for aston villa i don't think you're allowed to say this

And even if you did, you probably wouldn't want to give your name.

quite right :winkold:

Maybe he gave a false name?

I don't know but if you work for aston villa i don't think you're allowed to say this

And even if you did, you probably wouldn't want to give your name.

quite right :winkold:

Maybe he gave a false name?

or a false comment.

Kewells shmick if he can stay fit. He looked good last week for Liverpool and may start in the CL final.

Reckon its complete rubbish but according to teamtalk Bayern are after Van Persie for £8 mil.Would be an absolute bargain at that price as he is a fanastic player.Would love him at Villa but like I said, think there is very little in it because I can't see Wenger letting him go.

Eidur Gudjohnsen anyone?

I was watching the Barca game the other night with my mate and said exactly the same thing. Maybe it's a sign....

That would be a great signing. Better than Joey Gudjohnsen :lol:

Well, to explain myself about goalkeepers. And take my stand. First of all, superior is as I have understand it a stronger word than better. To me it means that Sörensen would've no chance against Foster whatsoever, and that's simply not true. Maybe an exaggerating comparison with me and Ronaldinho, but I just wanted to make a point. Still, to say that Foster is superior to Sörensen is just ridiculous. Better is an opinion. Still could be a good buy considering his youth, I don't deny that. But it could also be a catastrophical buy if he doesn't develop. that's the thing with youngsters. You never know. Especailly goalkeepers. They rely very much on confidence and if that gets down in a young age they can find it hard to get back again.

I agree Roca that it's two very different things to be an outfield player and a goalkeeper, but it's not that easy. Of course there's a huge difference even for a keeper between different leagues. Don't know if I missunderstood you but it doesn' take that much to look good in a lesser league. Of course you can't save more than what you get against you but I'd say that I'd prefer a shot from a player in Leeds than to a shot from Ronaldo or Drogba, etc. There are huge differences.

And the one who compared Villa to Watford this season. Watford is a crap team, Villa has been a bad team. Sörensen played a big part in the team who finished 6th a couple of years ago. That wasn't crap, was it?

Back to rumours. I'd really like Sneijder to come true. That would be my dream signing. Doubt it'll happen, but if we stick in a good bid for him then maybe. Won't hold my breath, though.

£9m for Yakubu is very much too much. If you can put it like that? :P

Kewells shmick if he can stay fit. He looked good last week for Liverpool and may start in the CL final.

That's a huge if.

It truly is. And I'm tired of injured players in Villa. We've sure had enough of them.