Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope our scouts are scouting leagues all over Europe and maybe even South America as we speak. The Heinze's, evra's, Vidic's, Eboue's Toure's of the world are all the type of player villa can attract before the big clubs come in. Only thing is these players need time to settle and thats something villa fans never appear to be happy with.

Manchester City have confirmed that DaMarcus Beasley, 24, will be sent back to PSV Eindhoven this summer.

The United States international winger joined City on a year-long loan at the start of the season.

With Trevor Sinclair and Stephen Jordan already confirmed as leaving, Beasley is the biggest name among the six other players City have said will be going.

Also out is Hatem Trabelsi, Djamel Abdoun, Ashley Williams, Laurence Matthewson and Nathan D'Laryea.

What about DaMarcus Beasley for cover on the left midfield spot?? He's one talented nut. And Trabelsi for rightback??

Link!

Suggestion for RB - Rosenior from Fulham?

Not seen enough of him to have formed a proper opinion, but seems pretty good whenever I have watched him.

Such a good idea that no-one went for it :lol:

Manchester City have confirmed that DaMarcus Beasley, 24, will be sent back to PSV Eindhoven this summer.

The United States international winger joined City on a year-long loan at the start of the season.

With Trevor Sinclair and Stephen Jordan already confirmed as leaving, Beasley is the biggest name among the six other players City have said will be going.

Also out is Hatem Trabelsi, Djamel Abdoun, Ashley Williams, Laurence Matthewson and Nathan D'Laryea.

What about DaMarcus Beasley for cover on the left midfield spot?? He's one talented nut. And Trabelsi for rightback??

I havent seen much of him but he was terrible against Man U. Trabelsi is a good very player and i'm sure could do a job for us at RB.

Link!

I havent seen much of him but he was terrible against Man U. Trabelsi is a good very player and i'm sure could do a job for us at RB.

This being the case I've thought you might be interested in the occasional outside view/info/comment.

I haven't run down Villa, in fact I think you have a very good chance for top 7 (and maybe higher) next season, but I can't help it if Spurs end up signing a player or two that Villa fans would like. I'm sure Villa will end up signing a player or two that Spurs fans would like.

I appreciate and i assume others do as well, whilst some have a rather large chip off their shoulder ;)

I agree, I have no problem with his posts. They are sensible, non-provocative and thoughtful.

No-one here is particularly interested in Spurs themselves, but where we have a common interest in a player, it's good to hear another perspective.

Carry on, mate.

Trabelsi?

He's being released for a very good reason.

I though Beasley was only on loan at City anyway?

Yeah he is,why? Still a talented lad with a good left foot. May be worth the gamble?

Can't Believe we are allowing portsmouth to get Muntari...i'm dissappointed!!!

Why? Is he that good and if so how do you know? Is there no more quality defensive midfielders out there for us to sign this summer?

Just asking.

Trabelsi?

He is being realised because crap like Man City can not accommodate a talent like Trabelsi. In a similar way West Ham couldn't handle Mascherano.

Trabelsi if fit, is a very good player.

I think there is always room for a 'stop-gap' - just look at Man.Utd's use of Henrik Larrson for those 3 months.

I wouldn't discount stop-gaps entirely, but hopefully we won't have to rely on them anymore.

Exactly. Man U's use of Larsson, together with Chelsea's use of, er, no-one while their key players were injured, was a key factor this year.

And if you look at what Sheringham contributed after the age of 34, well it doesn't look at all bad, does it?

Zola...

I have no problem with signing older players to do a job. Relying on them alone would be a problem, but then I think injuries aren't confined to our zimmer-frame-wielding comrades.

Trabelsi?

Yeah he is,why? Still a talented lad with a good left foot. May be worth the gamble?

Yeah possibly but I don't think left wing is a priority for us. It is the favoured position of Young, Maloney and Berger not to mention Gareth Barry who has spent most of his time playing there for the last 2 or 3 years, even if it may not be his best position.

I think we will be looking at somebody for the right myself.

Trabelsi?

Yeah possibly but I don't think left wing is a priority for us. It is the favoured position of Young, Maloney and Berger not to mention Gareth Barry who has spent most of his time playing there for the last 2 or 3 years, even if it may not be his best position.

Isn't Young mainly on the right these days, and will stay there perhaps? Maybe still we need more coverage on that wing as you say, but Berger isn't getting any younger and Barry, well where will he play next season??

Anyway, just a thought for the mind.

Trabelsi?

Well he is a right back but he's basically the walking wounded. And we don't need anymore of them.

Trabelsi?

As someone who has seen a lot of Beasley I can say that he's talented but he has to be in the right system or he looks like crap. He thrived in PSV's 4-3-3 playing left forward. He is also useful at left winger in a 4-4-2. Man City wasn't really a good fit for him because he needs a quality passing midfielder like an Arteta to bring out the best in him. He makes really intelligent runs and can finish(actually I should say he's an excellent finisher) when he gets into the area. He gets knocked off the ball too easily if he doesn't get it in space.

Here's a clip from his best season at PSV where they went to the CL semis. See if you can find Bouma in there :)

Since then he's had a ton of injuries so that's the drawback. I can guarantee if Villa got him there would be plenty of fans that would hate him because he plays like such a lightweight

Can't Believe we are allowing portsmouth to get Muntari...i'm dissappointed!!!

Surprised that you have left a darkened room after the badge fiasco!

Saw your negative post wanting NO'N out the other day! Regret it? You did expect stick after all

Trabelsi?

As someone who has seen a lot of Beasley I can say that he's talented but he has to be in the right system or he looks like crap. He thrived in PSV's 4-3-3 playing left forward. He is also useful at left winger in a 4-4-2. Man City wasn't really a good fit for him because he needs a quality passing midfielder like an Arteta to bring out the best in him. He makes really intelligent runs and can finish(actually I should say he's an excellent finisher) when he gets into the area. He gets knocked off the ball too easily if he doesn't get it in space.

Here's a clip from his best season at PSV where they went to the CL semis. See if you can find Bouma in there :)

Since then he's had a ton of injuries so that's the drawback. I can guarantee if Villa got him there would be plenty of fans that would hate him because he plays like such a lightweight

That video makes him look like Henry :shock: