Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Defoe to villa, you've heard it first!

Actually if you look through the threads from the past 4 transfer windonws, you will see that we really didn't hear it here first.

Incidently does bamogo from the congo who drinks umbongo also play the bongo?

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the clause was that he could leave for something like £9million if Newcastle got into Europe.

Why would he want that clause in there though?

Surely he'd only need a clause to protect his interests, and his interests would be playing in Europe.

Ment to say if they didn't get in. Sorry.

Can't see anything on Football Rumours more ridiculous than what gets posted on this thread..... rumours and wishlists :)

Yeah but at least there is the odd intelligent post in-between on here... :D

Can't see anything on Football Rumours more ridiculous than what gets posted on this thread..... rumours and wishlists :)

TBF, it's mostly a suggestions/discussion thread. There aren't many 'my friends nans uncles dog said...." links and when there are they're ususaly ridiculed. The rumours posted are normaly from newspapers etc......

Bent is going to WHU so i doubt Defoe will be going ANYWHERE!

Almost certainly wrong on the first count, and probably (not definitely) wrong on the second I'm afraid.

Bent is signing for Spurs - will likely all be finalised within next 7 days.

I said a while ago in this thread that I had 90+% confidence of this happening - that's now increased to 95+%. Fee agreed with Charlton and terms agreed with Bent - all subject to medical and (in my opinion) no last minute arrival of a bid from a top 4 club.

Without checking I'm not sure if Giles Barnes (Derby) has featured in this transfer thread previously, but if so you can very likely scrub him off the list of Villa 'possibles' because the word is he's a done deal for Spurs unless Derby get promotion via the play-offs.

Almost certainly wrong on the first count, and probably (not definitely) wrong on the second I'm afraid.

I said a while ago in this thread that I had 90+% confidence of this happening - that's now increased to 95+%. Fee agreed with Charlton and terms agreed with Bent - all subject to medical and (in my opinion) no last minute arrival of a bid from a top 4 club.

Without checking I'm not sure if Giles Barnes (Derby) has featured in this transfer thread previously, but if so you can very likely scrub him off the list of Villa 'possibles' because the word is he's a done deal for Spurs unless Derby get promotion via the play-offs.

Web FTL

Giles Barnes - Football Transfer Rumours

Club Derby County

League English Championship

Position Midfielder

Date of Birth 05/Aug/1988

Country of Birth England

Here you can find the latest football gossip and football transfer rumours for Giles Barnes (currently of Derby County FC). Below that is the transfer history of Giles Barnes (that we have in our database).

Football transfer rumours about Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 31/Jan/2007

To Club Tottenham

News Paper The Independent

Transfer Amount 3.5m

Meanwhile, the club are also in the hunt to sign £3.5m-rated Giles Barnes from Derby

Rumour Date 29/Jan/2007

To Club Tottenham

News Paper Daily Mirror

Transfer Amount 3m

Spurs will sign Derby County star Giles Barnes for £3m on transfer deadline day

Rumour Date 16/Jan/2007

To Club Tottenham

News Paper The Sun

Transfer Amount

However, Davenport is being used as bait elsewhere. Spurs hope to land Derby midfielder Giles Barnes by offering £2m and the defender in exchange

Rumour Date 29/Dec/2006

To Club Newcastle

News Paper The Sun

Transfer Amount 3m

Tottenham and Newcastle are leading the chase for Derby's £3m wonderkid Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 29/Dec/2006

To Club Tottenham

News Paper The Sun

Transfer Amount 3m

Tottenham and Newcastle are leading the chase for Derby's £3m wonderkid Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 29/Nov/2006

To Club Tottenham

News Paper The Express

Transfer Amount

Tottenham want teenage Derby midfielder Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 19/Nov/2006

To Club Everton

News Paper The People

Transfer Amount

And they will go head-to-head with Merseyside rivals Everton in January for Derby's promising youngster Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 19/Nov/2006

To Club Liverpool

News Paper The People

Transfer Amount

And they will go head-to-head with Merseyside rivals Everton in January for Derby's promising youngster Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 14/Nov/2006

To Club Bolton

News Paper Daily Mirror

Transfer Amount

Bolton manager Sam Allardyce has joined the chase for exciting young Derby midfielder Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 05/Nov/2006

To Club Liverpool

News Paper Daily Mirror

Transfer Amount

Everton are set to challenge Liverpool for the services of Derby teenager Giles Barnes

Rumour Date 05/Nov/2006

To Club Everton

News Paper Daily Mirror

Transfer Amount

Everton are set to challenge Liverpool for the services of Derby teenager Giles Barnes

I refer yo to these rumours from January...

SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT, Sidwell Signs for Villa!..........

is what they will say when the news comes out. I've said it before and ill say it again, he has already signed for us. I can feel it in my bones.

Only two mentions of Bent on the whole of Spurs' newsnow page. In fact more space is given to Jenas £10m move to Everton. If the bent deal was as far gone as you suggest, I'd expect more traffic, esp when newsnow picks up stories worldwide

SHOCK ANNOUNCEMENT, Sidwell Signs for Villa!..........

is what they will say when the news comes out. I've said it before and ill say it again, he has already signed for us. I can feel it in my bones.

I think its a very done deal that he is a Chelsea player, but their season is not yet over so they won't announce it yet.

All hail the mighty Spurs eh?! :roll:

Villa linked with Blades ace Tue, May 15 2007 12:35

Villa are being strongly linked with a £6million summer move for Sheffield United's versatile defender Phil Jagielka.

Following the Blades' drop to the Championship, which may still go to a court case to confirm, Jagielka is set to activate a clause in his present contract which would allow him to move on because of their relegation.

This in turn would spark a scramble for his services with Villa being joined by the likes of Everton, Liverpool and Wigan - who are all said to be on his trail.

Martin O'Neill is looking to bolster all areas of his squad and would have the financial clout to wrap up a deal for the player following Randy Lerner's investment in the club.

From the ever unreliable EatSleepSport.com