Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he gives you the luxury of controlling the midfield.

No, he gives you the luxury of letting your world class players do their thing.

He'd be wasted in the same way Mascherano was at West Ham.

So in other words he controls the midfield.

Meaning the world class luxury players can 'do their thing', no?

And Mashcerano was wasted because he didn't get a game.

Can see what you're saying but, he also allows attacking players to attack....yes we dont have world class players but we do have a lot of attacking players and they always know he'd be there if they went attacking....so I slightly disagree with you

We won't play with an anchor like Makelele.

We don't have the players in front of him to it beneficial. And I think picking Makelele almost forces the hand in terms of 4 - 5 - 1, which I don't want to see us play.

I'd rather see us sign a better aged, box to box midfielder than a declining holding midfielder.

Makelele's probably available for a club of the stature of Villa now. He's slowly been pushed out of the Chelsea team.

Much like when it was unthinkable Davids would ever join a club like Spurs, age took it's toll and then it became viable.

Mark Viduka and Robbie Fowler?

I know that MON is on the look for a proven striker (along with other areas too) but it might not be far away thinking that he would like to bring Viduka to Villa. Robbie Fowler has a special feeling to Villa because he seems always to score against us...now when he is up for grabs it might be worth a season try to have him on the book. He can still score goals like Viduka and it is goals that we need to take the club further.

In an ideal world I would like us to buy Carlos Tevez and Jermain Defoe...together with Michael Owen...but there is only so much to dream about. :winkold:

In an ideal world I would like us to buy Carlos Tevez and Jermain Defoe...together with Michael Owen...but there is only so much to dream about. :winkold:

If we do that will we be known as midget football club?! Is MON's tactic to get a team full of rapid dwarfs to run through opposition defenders legs?! :lol:

In Norway he is pretty exciting, did I day it is a very crap league :) ?

He's a he** of a lot better than MGP was at 19, that's for sure. A far greater talent than MGP ever was. No comparison really. But no point in arguing as we'll just have to wait and see. MGP went to Blackburn at the age of 23. If Tarik continues his current progress he's gonna be a star.

That is your opinion. I disagree.

MGP had a great talent which was Beckhamesque crosses and free kicks, very much alike what he has now. He has become better of course, but he scored many free kicks when he was 20-21.

Tariq is a little pacy for playing in the Norwegian league, but he has to show a lot more to even being considered a player for the English league. Look at Kristoffer Hæstad, he had a great season and looked the real deal before flopping bigtime at measly Wigan.

It's Tarik, Rocafella, not Tariq. Show some respect for people's names will you :winkold:

Just learned that Tarik actually turned down a chance to train with Chelsea last year. Didn't know that. Seems I'm more spot on with this one than I was aware of. I said earlier that the big clubs would be after him in a couple of years time, but obviously they're tracking him already.

I think you're a bit off with the Hæstad part too btw. Firstly Tarik is a bigger prospect (obviously not the same type of players so difficult to compare) and will go on to do greater things than Hæstad. Secondly Hæstad didn't get a fair chance to prove himself at Wigan. One big mistake against Chelsea and he was out of the frame. IMO Hæstad will do just fine in the PL once he gets the chance again. Scharner is a star at Wigan and he wasn't any better in Norway than Hæstad is. Don't get me wrong, Scharner did very well in Norway, but Hæstad is easily as good.

If we do that will we be known as midget football club?! Is MON's tactic to get a team full of rapid dwarfs to run through opposition defenders legs?! :lol:

Midgets? I dont see Defoe and Carew as small boys. Owen and Tevez would add something extra...but then again...Moore and Young does too. :winkold:

When does the transfer window officially open?

I know teams can do deals just not register them but i wondered when the FA open to register players?

1 July...

I think that any club can register players before that date, but the contract of the deal starts at 1 July...

Players and clubs can put ink to paper and then it is only a formality to make it go through at that date.

Midgets? I dont see Defoe and Carew as small boys. Owen and Tevez would add something extra...but then again...Moore and Young does too. :winkold:

Well Defoe is 5'7 so id say he is small. Carew is 6'4+ but in that list hed be the only one over 6' so we would have an abundance of midgets especially with Maloney, Young, Gabby and Moore all under 6' also.